Spectators at county championship cricket 2021

No
Absolutely no idea what to do about my membership. Renewals deadline for Yorkshire is end of Feb but can’t see there being any clarity before then

Last edited:
Unrelated but LV are back as CC sponsors :cool:
12 weeks on Thursday to the start of the domestic season. Anybody think there is any chance spectators will be allowed in?
I think there’s a chance if a high amount of Elderly/ECV people have been jabbed. They’re going to have to start letting people into sporting events with little to no restrictions in eventually.

Last edited:
Problem is Durham have eight CC games between April 8 and June 3 and then not a lot after that...so I'm rather pessimistic of seeing much red ball cricket as things stand.

Good we've been shite since it went to Specsavers (and Gale took over as coach but I'm sure that isn't the reason...)
You’re still shite, no matter who the sponsor is ;)

Proper weird not seeing LV sponsoring it though. It’s like when we ditched Reg Vardy or when Liverpool ditched Carlsberg.

Good we've been shite since it went to Specsavers (and Gale took over as coach but I'm sure that isn't the reason...)
Top man that Gale -upset Lees enabling Durham to sign him. Be interesting to hear the findings from the racism investigation which must be imminent. If inferences are proved be difficult for Gale to remain in post.

Problem is Durham have eight CC games between April 8 and June 3 and then not a lot after that...so I'm rather pessimistic of seeing much red ball cricket as things stand.

That’s just the first ‘phase’ isn’t it?? Will be games later in the summer when we get to the second group phase.

With regards watching cricket - as has been referenced, if targets are met on vaccinations I see no valid reason why cricket grounds can’t open up. After all, they all have a vast expanse of space to be filled with often not that many seats taken up.

That’s just the first ‘phase’ isn’t it?? Will be games later in the summer when we get to the second group phase.

With regards watching cricket - as has been referenced, if targets are met on vaccinations I see no valid reason why cricket grounds can’t open up. After all, they all have a vast expanse of space to be filled with often not that many seats taken up.

I wonder with people missing live sport whether there'll be an uptick in demand?

I usually go to Headingley once or twice a season, but if fans are allowed back in I'd go a lot more this summer.

I wonder with people missing live sport whether there'll be an uptick in demand?

I usually go to Headingley once or twice a season, but if fans are allowed back in I'd go a lot more this summer.

Aye, could be. I think there’ll be a massive uptake if some form of restrictions are still present too.

As a regular that is my main concern tbh. Normally 2000 as per tier 2 rules would probably be enough but I think there will be higher demand this year, or whenever we’re allowed back

As a regular that is my main concern tbh. Normally 2000 as per tier 2 rules would probably be enough but I think there will be higher demand this year, or whenever we’re allowed back

I'm sure there will be members priority, but I wonder how much that extends in terms of buying tickets for friends/family which will leave me knackered.

Whenever I've been it was socially distanced well before any of this any way, there's usually that few people in. :lol:

The way things are going currently, I'm concerned about whether the India test will go ahead at full capacity at the end of August. I've got tickets for Day 2 + 3. It'll be another shit summer without any live cricket.

I'm sure there will be members priority, but I wonder how much that extends in terms of buying tickets for friends/family which will leave me knackered.

Whenever I've been it was socially distanced well before any of this any way, there's usually that few people in. :lol:

The way things are going currently, I'm concerned about whether the India test will go ahead at full capacity at the end of August. I've got tickets for Day 2 + 3. It'll be another shit summer without any live cricket.
I’ve always been doubtful about the Tests and always thought I’ll just be happy to get to county matches. Another summer without live cricket would be depressing as fuck though :(

Think there will be for The Blast and RLC games played on Weekends but not for CC

restrict it to members only in that case
Talking to the wife just now about the cricket and we are talking about the characters we sit with and the good craic etc. So badly missing the cricket. I'd love to freeze on the county Durham upper and listen to my mate "Old Davey" putting the worlds to rights and listening to Norman & Doreen from Berwick telling us their away day plans etc. Hopefully get those days back soon but I'm bloody missing it.

Last edited:

Back