Speakman

Reminds me of De Fanti trying to get blood from a stone can make a mug of you. De Fanti pushed the idea of cheap hidden gems from abroad, what did we learn? All that glisters isn’t gold, cheap is that for a reason, we seem to be running on even less.

I’m very confident we have the right man but he has only been here 8 months. He speaks well and has a clear direction. Fans want instant success and get impatient. I will judge him on the next few year.
Givower man. They want instant improvement not instant success.
IE start drawing instead of losing, start winning instead of drawing etc. Get a better player in the team in a given position than was occupying that position previously. That sort of stuff. That buys them time.
Mcmenemy bragged his long con out for nigh on two years because fans were gullible enough to swallow the “needs to be given time” nonsense. As I posted upthread no one ever said Reidy or Smithy or Stokoey needed time. They didn’t have time to even start saying it as things were visibly improving almost instantly.

Pointless judging him until after a few transfer windows
It screams of one thing little or no money ambition down the drain. Fourth division players or less, Scottish but not top, hidden gems, if only.
Givower man. They want instant improvement not instant success.
IE start drawing instead of losing, start winning instead of drawing etc. Get a better player in the team in a given position than was occupying that position previously. That sort of stuff. That buys them time.
Mcmenemy bragged his long con out for nigh on two years because fans were gullible enough to swallow the “needs to be given time” nonsense. As I posted upthread no one ever said Reidy or Smithy or Stokoey needed time. They didn’t have time to even start saying it as things were visibly improving almost instantly.
You can’t get blood from a stone. It just doesn’t work.

Last edited:
No mate he can't, but my point is I'm suspicious about any heralded new beginning while those winnits still haven't disappeared down the bidet of SAFC history.
I see your point, I don't think they have involvement or say do they? Yeah they'll probably rock up to games in the directors box but that's probably it.

"The 41-year-old joined the club from Birmingham - where he had spent 14 years, latterly as Academy Manager - on Friday. Sunderland have not had a Sporting Director since December 2015, when Lee Congerton left the club following the appointment of Sam Allardyce as manager."

14 years at Birmingham - highly impressive.

Isn’t his overall remit to instil a philosophy throughout the club, starting at academy level through to the first team? The recruitment will fall to the data team and Stuart Harvey and as we’re starting from scratch it’s always going to take a bit to get the best results.

Having spent 110 of his 242 senior appearances playing for us, and therefore at RB barring 6 or 7, I think the club view Luke Onion as a full back.
No, that is simply not allowed.

As has been made perfectly clear on here many times, players can only have one position and this can never, ever be changed.

If played out of position, we are permitted to be grateful to the player for stepping into the breach, but must also acknowledge that he is automatically a square peg in a round hole and will never be anything other than his original position. It may actually be the law.

I see your point, I don't think they have involvement or say do they? Yeah they'll probably rock up to games in the directors box but that's probably it.
I can only deduce that they must exist in some sort of consultancy/advisory role. Otherwise I can see no reason why they weren't bought out. Let's face it, SD didn't exactly have a strong bargaining platform when KLD came in, yet he stands to make a killing if the club reaches the Premier league.

I don't understand why you'd allow a relative pauper to significantly increase his wealth without some sort of service.

I have no empirical evidence of this BTW, its just my thoughts.

Back