Speakman next please

Why not. We've billionaire owners. We chose not to spend. We don't even need to throw fortunes at it. A more balanced transfer strategy would have seem us compete as a team coming from l1 more recently than us have.

They've bought into the 2nd best is all we can dare ti expect naritive. I feel sorry for them but don't blame them. They've been scarred by the last few years and have just lost sight of what we are Is all.
Billionaire owners does not mean we should be spending. We want to be sustainable rather than have him writing cheques to balance the books every season, much like Ellis Short did and look where that got us.

I agree with the transfer strategy. I’m all for spending on younger players to develop and create value in said players, but we do need to balance that out with some more experience than we currently have.

Billionaire owners does not mean we should be spending. We want to be sustainable rather than have him writing cheques to balance the books every season, much like Ellis Short did and look where that got us.

I agree with the transfer strategy. I’m all for spending on younger players to develop and create value in said players, but we do need to balance that out with some more experience than we currently have.
2 signings would likely have seen us instead of Luton in the prem this year. If we refuse to match what the rest of the league are doing we'll struggle to achieve anything.

Infrastructure spending isn't within ffp and would actually make money as arguably would strengthing our current side.

No side has progressed without significant outlay from its ownership over the last decade or two. If your happy to languish in the 2nd tier another 10 to 15 years keep repeating this, others will keep their side of the argument.

I think to be fair to speakman he is trying his best but its pretty clear that if the club now wanting to make it to the premier league we need better than a novice sporting director. It's been such a quick turnaround from just getting out of league one that he is now out of his depth when trying to identify the correct players and managers to take that next step up. It seems harsh on him after the promotion a couple of years ago but the club must evolve constantly, it can't afford to keep people on who will not improve the club, especially the key decision makers like him.

2 signings would likely have seen us instead of Luton in the prem this year. If we refuse to match what the rest of the league are doing we'll struggle to achieve anything.

Infrastructure spending isn't within ffp and would actually make money as arguably would strengthing our current side.

No side has progressed without significant outlay from its ownership over the last decade or two. If your happy to languish in the 2nd tier another 10 to 15 years keep repeating this, others will keep their side of the argument.
I disagree with the Luton argument, as we were absolutely ravaged by injuries. It was a miracle we even finished 6th to begin with really. It was a lack of height and physicality that done us at Kenilworth Road. Alese was the only 6ft+ player we had in the squad (bar Patto) and even then it was his first game in 2 months or so.

I’d be happy with the squad progressing and making a damn good go of promotion, but in reality I’m happy to spend another couple of years at least in this division hoping to develop the current crop and see what comes of inevitable sales.

Despite the turbulent season we’re having, the last 2 and a bit years is the most enjoyable time I’ve had watching the club. I’m 33 this year and had a season ticket for 16 years, so the majority of my supporting life we were in the Premier League. After spending so long out of it I’ve realised that getting battered most weeks and struggling to survive is mind-numbingly boring. That’s not to say I don’t want to be back, but personally I’m in no rush. I’m fine for others to totally disregard that and want immediate promotion.

I disagree with the Luton argument, as we were absolutely ravaged by injuries. It was a miracle we even finished 6th to begin with really. It was a lack of height and physicality that done us at Kenilworth Road. Alese was the only 6ft+ player we had in the squad (bar Patto) and even then it was his first game in 2 months or so.

I’d be happy with the squad progressing and making a damn good go of promotion, but in reality I’m happy to spend another couple of years at least in this division hoping to develop the current crop and see what comes of inevitable sales.

Despite the turbulent season we’re having, the last 2 and a bit years is the most enjoyable time I’ve had watching the club. I’m 33 this year and had a season ticket for 16 years, so the majority of my supporting life we were in the Premier League. After spending so long out of it I’ve realised that getting battered most weeks and struggling to survive is mind-numbingly boring. That’s not to say I don’t want to be back, but personally I’m in no rush. I’m fine for others to totally disregard that and want immediate promotion.
My argument is that the team was overextended which made injuries more likely. If we'd strengthened in the areas wee needed to and not just bought players we'd thought we could profit from we'd not have had as many. Defence for example would be less worked if they'd had an outball. A fitter squad with the right additions would have beaten Luton and I'm convinced Coventry too.

I'd sooner build in top division than lose to Birmingham and Huddersfield. We need to think and act big if we want to achieve and that includes the fan base IMHO.

We lost to Luton because we couldn't match them physically or out shithouse them anywhere on the Park. They even out shithoused is the stands anarl to be fair, giving Amad a sly clip.
We didn’t have any defenders. The usual posters blaming Speakman about it. :lol:

Aye sack everyone then fuck off yourself Kyril.

Close the door behind ya young’un.

Then what happens, the club folds?
No owner to keep the club afloat
No DOF
No Manager

Or wait until someone like that energy drinks bloke Storey and watch us drift into the non league never to be seen again.

Then what would happen?
You would be desperate for anyone like KLD to come along and get us back to the Championship.

No DOF
No Manager

Or wait until someone like that energy drinks bloke Storey and watch us drift into the non league never to be seen again.

Then what would happen?
You would be desperate for anyone like KLD to come along and get us back to the Championship.
Gone to the extremes there pal 😂

No DOF
No Manager

Then what would happen?
I think that’s what he meant. Unless I read him wrong.

Wonder if Speakman will ever hold his hands up regarding Beale and say “ sorry, I got that one wrong “..?!
More chance of me going back in time and licking tapioca off Raquel Welch's buttocks.
I've never really understood the venom of dislike for Speakman. This season hasn't been a glowing endorsement on anyone really at the club with decisions on and off the pitch. The striker situation, is just very very poor, I get that and no one can say its anywhere near good enough. Could KLD offered more financial help? Who knows. He either couldn't or wouldn't and either argument is a bit of a guess. Appointing Beale in 1st place, to me showed a real lack of any sort of ambition at all and we can all see was a terrible decision. For this he deserves his share of criticism. But, he has improved us quite a bit from when he arrived. We have some talented young players and if we like it or not, a plan in place. These last couple months its been hard to defend anyone at the club let's be honest, but positive steps were made before then. I'd give him a 6 out of 10 rating tbh, which it's very evident he could do better, so could KLD and everyone else. Just don't quite get the levels of hatred or dislike against him personally.
Reading that makes me think you're not keen yourself. 2 canny lines out of it for him

Last edited:

Back