Southern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
everything boils down to religion over there , will be a small percentage who will always hate the english and a relatively size percentage who simply dislike us
Religion? Absolute shite. Been here 14yrs, best mates with a Scottish Rangers fan and I've never seen anyone give a fuck. Only grief in that time was ironically from a group from Peterlee, giving it the orange bastard routine.

Religion? Absolute shite. Been here 14yrs, best mates with a Scottish Rangers fan and I've never seen anyone give a fuck. Only grief in that time was ironically from a group from Peterlee, giving it the orange bastard routine.

English in trying to be Billy Big Bollocks in Eire shocka!

I

I've got lots of Irish mates in Dublin, Cork, Drogheda, and Waterford.
In all the times I've been over there, there was only one bar in Waterford, where myself and my other English mates, were advised not to go into.
Undoubtedly, there will be some Irish people who aren't keen on the English, but I've yet to meet any of them.
I lived over there for 6 months and you're mainly correct, there isn't obvious hatred of the English but if you delve a bit deeper (normally after a few pints) it's there. Cork is particularly bad, and there's bars in Dublin you'd be mad to go in as they're openly pro IRA.

I lived over there for 6 months and you're mainly correct, there isn't obvious hatred of the English but if you delve a bit deeper (normally after a few pints) it's there. Cork is particularly bad, and there's bars in Dublin you'd be mad to go in as they're openly pro IRA.

I can't speak for Dublin, I would disagree about Cork. I live there. In fact, there's a huge amount of English living in or around my area. Every time I'd go down town I'd hear English accents. Who knows? Maybe they're all living in constant fear of being attacked.

I can't speak for Dublin, I would disagree about Cork. I live there. In fact, there's a huge amount of English living in or around my area. Every time I'd go down town I'd hear English accents. Who knows? Maybe they're all living in constant fear of being attacked.

Absolutely fuck loads of English living in West Cork like. Is that where you are?

Who said anything about being attacked?

They even have the famous English Market in Cork. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back