South Shields supporters crash A1(M)

Aye. As others have said I’ve never seen so many blue lights, and vehicles heading to an accident before.

From what I’ve seen online I think they are all ok. It sounds like they’ve been split up to 4 different hospitals. With the worst 2 injured both airlifted to Leeds.

Hopefully it’s true and the injuries are just minor.

If they are they’ve been very lucky
Good I do hope you’re right about the casualties. And yes I agree never ever seen lights like that

Last edited:
It was a mini bus that was involved. Fans were transferred to 3 hospitals. Wakefield, Leeds and York. I know one lad is still in Wakefield Hospital, he was thought to be OK apart from a cut head and bruises. Luckily he was still there and compalined of not feeling well. Turned out he has 2 broken ribs and a fractured sternum. 2 checked into a hotel last night after attending hospital and another was picked up by his mate who had travelled to Tamworth form his home in Wakefield. He’s staying there until Wednesday. I know one of those who ended up in York is also OK. When the police arrived at the scenee they were fully expecting to find fatalities. They’ve been very lucky indeed.

Last edited:
If that's the stretch of the A1 that goes by Pontefract where there's a petrol station right on the side of the road, it's a terrible piece of road that. Accident waiting to happen

Hope all on board make a speedy recovery

From a lad on the bus it rolled 3 or 4 times a car tried to overtake or something like that all vague at the moment. Shit like this terrifies me hope it’s just an accident and not a careless driver causing it!

Hope everyone is okay, but the BBC Report says 7 have serious injuries.

It is understood the minibus was carrying South Shields FC fans with seven of the casualties thought to have suffered serious injuries.

Back