South Shields fans

Don’t be so silly 😂There’s rough parts of South Shields but Sunderlands Rough parts are like down town Islamabad. And don’t talk to me about the seafront, Shields beach pisses allover most places in the UK.
I’m originally from Shields, town centre makes me wanna vom, bits of Sunderlands is actually well nice (the bits the germans didn’t flatten). As for the beach definately prefer Seaham, Roker, Seaburn. There’s something I find really fake about Shields sea front and that fun fair thing is like a horror movie

I went to Gateshead-Halifax last week and the fans (not many there) seemed sound. No Toon chants, no Newcastle scarves... a few Gateshead shirts.
Chants were mainly "Everywhere we go..." and "Haway The Lads" ...rather like the SoL!!
And the fella that sits next to me in the East Stand often goes to Shields as his second team...so it's not just disenchanted Mags.

Their is alot of fans who go to safc games and south shields games especially when safc not at home, some people just like to go to football games. Alot of people forget their was alot of fans who used to go to safc game one week then nufc game after, it was quite the norm years ago. I live shields but don't go to their games but few friends do when we are away from home and some of these lads used to go home and away with the lads for years.

It’s this new breed of fans mate.

Same ones who think anything and anyone who has anything to do with Newcastle is automatically “shite”.

Mostly younguns probably.

Is it not because they are on the brink of promotion to National League North which feeds into National League which feeds into L2?

Loads of good aways for them next season.
I hope so I'll be going to a few myself, its been hard getting to most away games this season, coaches have been sold out for months now.

Last one I was at was Morpeth

I hope so I'll be going to a few myself, its been hard getting to most away games this season, coaches have been sold out for months now.

Last one I was at was Morpeth
Hopefully Chester falls on a good day for me to go as it is just along the road. if you have never been then I recommend it as one of the best cities in the UK.

They have a good set up with full blown academy which is full of ex LFC, EFC and Wrexham kids. Not sure what Shields academy set up is like?

I’m originally from Shields, town centre makes me wanna vom, bits of Sunderlands is actually well nice (the bits the germans didn’t flatten). As for the beach definately prefer Seaham, Roker, Seaburn. There’s something I find really fake about Shields sea front and that fun fair thing is like a horror movie
Seaham a lovely little seafront now .

Nice
Little bars and places to eat .

Hopefully Chester falls on a good day for me to go as it is just along the road. if you have never been then I recommend it as one of the best cities in the UK.

They have a good set up with full blown academy which is full of ex LFC, EFC and Wrexham kids. Not sure what Shields academy set up is like?

Funnily enough, Chester and Shields academies played each other in the FA Youth Cup this season (having won through four preliminary rounds). Shields coach broke down on the M62 en route to Chester, so they only ended up with 20-odd mins to get ready and warm up.
Shields led 1-0 until the 82nd minute, and missed a couple of good cbances to kill the tie, then conceded two late goals when Chester came on really strong in the closing stages.
Shields academy also top their U19 National Youth Alliance league, with their only dropped points this season when their minibus was knackered for an away game in Yorkshire and the league gave their opposition the points.
So the academy set-up at Shields is very strong, with good coaching from, among others, Lee Picton.
Sadly, where Chester are well ahead is that their first-team manager is fully invested in developing from the academy, whereas Shields manager has barely seen half an hour of academy football all season....

Back