South America

Do it off your own back. If you slum it in hostels you will meet people. Will cost you more planning but save you cash. You'll need big money to go and see Boca or River unless you know people in their fan club - check my blog link above for a bit more info. You can see Racing Club pretty easily, though. Buenos Aires, and Argentina in general, are extremely expensive so be aware of that.
How much is big money?
I pay what most people would consider stupid money for football anyway :lol:
£105 for Atletico v Real madrid
£95 for PSG v Marseille
£110 for Roma v Atlanta
are probably the three most expensive ones ive done (and only one of them was off viagogo :oops:)

Aye I was thinking I probably should do it off my own back.

How much is big money?
I pay what most people would consider stupid money for football anyway :lol:
£105 for Atletico v Real madrid
£95 for PSG v Marseille
£110 for Roma v Atlanta
are probably the three most expensive ones ive done (and only one of them was off viagogo :oops:)

Aye I was thinking I probably should do it off my own back.
You'll be paying there or thereabouts for a standard far, far below those games. Viagogo is actually one of the easiest ways to do it in Argentina, or via Tangol, but you'll pay a premium, obviously. Atmosphere is meant to be great but I was told the fans can turn on you if they find out you're English. :lol:

You'll be paying there or thereabouts for a standard far, far below those games. Viagogo is actually one of the easiest ways to do it in Argentina, or via Tangol, but you'll pay a premium, obviously. Atmosphere is meant to be great but I was told the fans can turn on you if they find out you're English. :lol:
Id be happy to pay that sort of money as its a one off, Just have to make sure my trip is in season

Im really interested in going to Buenos Aires and Rio.
Found a tour that seems to cover everything id want (http://www.geckosadventures.com/en-gb/argentina/buenos-aires-rio-journey-101504)
but Id also love to see River and Boca play (and probably one of the teams in Rio)
Cant decide weather to do it off my own back or to make it easier for myself. I doubt I could convince any one to go with me which is why I think the tour would probably be easier?

Keep your eye on this website: http://futebolnomaracana.blogspot.co.uk/

You will not want to be going into the suburbs to watch football, I'm telling you that.

I paid about £20 iirc ( about four years ago). River wear red and white, so I wore my safc shirt. Didn't get any grief for being English.

However, we did go on a bus, and it was some sort of pre arranged trip. Saw some violence in the streets beforehand and it was a bit manic before and after the game. Carry nothing of value, and make sure you can cope with claustrophobic crowds.

I paid about £20 iirc ( about four years ago). River wear red and white, so I wore my safc shirt. Didn't get any grief for being English.

However, we did go on a bus, and it was some sort of pre arranged trip. Saw some violence in the streets beforehand and it was a bit manic before and after the game. Carry nothing of value, and make sure you can cope with claustrophobic crowds.
Im thinking of doing:
Santiago for 2 days
Easter Island for 3 and a half days
Beunos Aires for 5 and a half days (Possibly with iguazu falls included)
Does that sound like enough time?

Would you recommend Viagogo as reliable? I'm off to Buenos Aires on Tuesday and fancy the Independiente v Huracan and San Lorenzo v Racing games but I've got absolutely nowhere with trying to sort tickets.

Do you know if Independiente and San Lorenzo sell tickets to foreigners before the match? My plan is to get a taxi to the former a couple of days beforehand to try my luck at the ticket office and I'm on a bus run by the tourist board on the Friday to San Lorenzo as well as 4 other grounds so fingers crossed I might be able to arrange something.

Last time I went on a tour to Boca but it cost an absolute fortune. Tangol and the like are shocking for prices: $160 for someone driving you there in a van and holding your hand.

If it's a choice between spending a fortune and getting a good kicking then it will be the latter for me.

Got a ticket for the Uruguay v Argentina match on August 31st as well in Montevideo apparently although the people I've sorted it with are proving hard to track down.

So it may be a good hiding and a con job. We will see.

Would you recommend Viagogo as reliable? I'm off to Buenos Aires on Tuesday and fancy the Independiente v Huracan and San Lorenzo v Racing games but I've got absolutely nowhere with trying to sort tickets.

Do you know if Independiente and San Lorenzo sell tickets to foreigners before the match? My plan is to get a taxi to the former a couple of days beforehand to try my luck at the ticket office and I'm on a bus run by the tourist board on the Friday to San Lorenzo as well as 4 other grounds so fingers crossed I might be able to arrange something.

Last time I went on a tour to Boca but it cost an absolute fortune. Tangol and the like are shocking for prices: $160 for someone driving you there in a van and holding your hand.

If it's a choice between spending a fortune and getting a good kicking then it will be the latter for me.

Got a ticket for the Uruguay v Argentina match on August 31st as well in Montevideo apparently although the people I've sorted it with are proving hard to track down.

I didn't use them personally but I'm pretty sure they're reliable. I was told by one lad he used it without issue. It was too pricey for me so I just skipped it. I reckon, should you find a club shop, you should be able to pick up a ticket no bother from there (if you have some Spanish). It's only Boca and River who have the fan club thing as a safety precaution, apparently.

Im thinking of doing:
Santiago for 2 days
Easter Island for 3 and a half days
Beunos Aires for 5 and a half days (Possibly with iguazu falls included)
Does that sound like enough time?
Santiago 2 days ( do the free walking tour, visit the races perhaps)
Easter Island - no idea, never went.
BA , five days sounds ok, would you fly to Iguassu?
I'd say Iguassu warranted either a long day or even two days, worth seeing from both sides if you have time.
I had five days in BA and two at Iguassu.

Santiago 2 days ( do the free walking tour, visit the races perhaps)
Easter Island - no idea, never went.
BA , five days sounds ok, would you fly to Iguassu?
I'd say Iguassu warranted either a long day or even two days, worth seeing from both sides if you have time.
I had five days in BA and two at Iguassu.
Would fly to Iguassu, 1 full day with a part day too.

Did your ticket turn up?

Back