South Africa v England white ball stuff

Yes, Banton deserves a chance as Denly is at the end of his career, lot of chat about malan not getting a chance as well.

roy
bairstow
root
morgan
stokes
moeen
buttler
jordan
rashid
archer
wood

could be the XI come the World Cup.

Swap Moeen and Jos and that would be my team

I don’t think Ali is good enough to bat six.

That’s on the basis of 50 games, not just today...
Yeah as I said I was unsure about putting him there but he was David Gower esque tonight, probably swayed it

by the wc as was said swap buttler up one. I do hope we give up on buttler opening, bairstow and Roy are top notch why split them?

like the aussies putting paine up and moving Warner or finch

not saying Paine is a buttler before anyone starts :lol: Maybe stoinis instead

Another cracking game, I'm running out of fingernail to chew.

Early 12:30 start for the last one on Sunday. Might be in the club a bit early this week.

Yes, Banton deserves a chance as Denly is at the end of his career, lot of chat about malan not getting a chance as well.

roy
Malan
bairstow
morgan
Buttler
stokes
moeen
jordan
rashid
archer
wood

could be the XI come the World Cup.
That's what I'd go with, taking banton, root, hales as spare batsman
Not sure on the two spare bowlers yet...

Don't know where to start with that T20 showing....

Buttler opening instead of Bairstow? Arguably the best opening partnership in white ball cricket so let's split them up....aye ok.
No Malan or Root at 3?
Failing to see the game out with a guy bowling dobbers.
Tom Curran, most overated cricketer on the international circuit.
Utter brain fart from Morgan when the game was all over.
Hapless batting from Ali
Rasheed coming in before Wood? He can't even get the ball off the square.

Plenty of time to sort these things out, but that was very poor from England.

Batting order is still wrong. Drop Denly and put Buttler down the order for me.
Ali from hero to zero with the bat :eek:
About time Stokes made some runs in this format.
Wood, the good, the bad & the ugly.
Curran got lucky, hopefully this will bring his death bowling on though.
Jordan should bowl the last over going forward until Archer is back.

Cracking game that mind, roll on Sunday :cool:

Curran got lucky, hopefully this will bring his death bowling on though.
Jordan should bowl the last over going forward until Archer is back.

Cracking game that mind, roll on Sunday :cool:
Think that’s very harsh mind. Not saying he’s the answer but that Yorker he bowled in that situation takes some doing, certainly wasn’t lucky.
People seem to think bowlers should be able to just run up and bowl a Yorker on tap, it’s really not that simple. It’s a fine margin between Yorker, half volley and full toss.

Would like Hales (don’t know whether possible) at 3 instead of Root, failing that Banton as he is going to be a terrific player.

Would go:

Roy
Bairstow
Hales or Banton
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali

You could make a very good argument Malan, is unlucky not to be in there, buy hey it’s international cricket tough decisions have to be made.

With the flexibility to push Buttler up the order depending on the game situation.

Hell of a top 7 in T20 imo.

Last edited:
Would like Hales (don’t know whether possible) at 3 instead of Root, failing that Banton as he is going to be a terrific player.

Would go:

Roy
Bairstow
Hales or Banton
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Ali

You could make a very good argument Malan, is unlucky not to be in there, buy hey it’s international cricket tough decisions have to be made.

With the flexibility to push Buttler up the order depending on the game situation.

Hell of a top 7 in T20 imo.
That’s my team with Hales in at 3 for certain. The lad is a fantastic t20 batsman and the fact he’s seemingly a total bellend off the pitch doesn’t bother me. T20 more than any other form is about individual performances and he is capable of winning games for England.

That’s my team with Hales in at 3 for certain. The lad is a fantastic t20 batsman and the fact he’s seemingly a total bellend off the pitch doesn’t bother me. T20 more than any other form is about individual performances and he is capable of winning games for England.
It seems to bother the rest of the squad though, which is the more relevant factor. I like him as a player, but can't see a way back for him any time soon.

Back