South Africa v England white ball stuff

Sky official links through super sport went off

So I switched owa to super sport ( ahem I have means ;) )

& lo and behold their coverage was bang on so don't kna why sky went off

Also why is Denly playing over the likes of Malan, Hain or even Pope
Ironic if Denly ends up getting a ton here mind as the innings he's playing is almost like a test innings.

Hains problem is he has a Joe Root shaped problem to getting into the team. In that he's a brilliant number 3 who plays like root and anchors the innings.

Not sure why Pope hasn't been mentioned at all in white ball discussions, as I first saw him play some interesting scoops etc in the t20 stuff for surrey.

Denly and Banton playing 5/6 doesn't make sense when they are destructive players opening in t20 cricket. Again Roy/Bairstow shaped problems there
Wee bit of a reality check this.
5 out of the 11 that won the world cup

Gone very top heavy with the batting quality and longer tail than normal

Last edited:
Ironic if Denly ends up getting a ton here mind as the innings he's playing is almost like a test innings.

Hains problem is he has a Joe Root shaped problem to getting into the team. In that he's a brilliant number 3 who plays like root and anchors the innings.

Not sure why Pope hasn't been mentioned at all in white ball discussions, as I first saw him play some interesting scoops etc in the t20 stuff for surrey.

Denly and Banton playing 5/6 doesn't make sense when they are destructive players opening in t20 cricket. Again Roy/Bairstow shaped problems there

5 out of the 11 that won the world cup

Gone very top heavy with the batting quality and longer tail than normal
I guess when you add Buttler and Stokes for Curran and denly it looks a lot better

I guess when you add Buttler and Stokes for Curran and denly it looks a lot better
Denly selection really is baffling when Plunkett deemed surplus to requirements and only a year older.

Despite him anchoring this innings. Plunkett middle over bowling has been utterly vital to us.
Match winning performance by Carse in Australia for the Lions.
Why does he qualify for England anyway?

Last edited:
Denly selection really is baffling when Plunkett deemed surplus to requirements and only a year older.

Despite him anchoring this innings. Plunkett middle over bowling has been utterly vital to us.

Why does he qualify for England anyway?
I think he has served his qualification time. He originally came over here as the overseas pro at Burnmoor and then Durham offered him an Academy contract but that must be 5 years ago at least.

I think he has served his qualification time. He originally came over here as the overseas pro at Burnmoor and then Durham offered him an Academy contract but that must be 5 years ago at least.
Aye but he must have some british heritage to not be a Kolpak

If he doesn't shouldn't be playing for England to be honest.

Aye but he must have some british heritage to not be a Kolpak

If he doesn't shouldn't be playing for England to be honest.
Yeah he will probably have access to a British passport by some means. I know for the last 2 or 3 years he has wintered in the UK so he serves his quota of days in this country per annum to qualify for England.
As far as being English I would like to have been a fly on the wall when he watched the rugby world cup final.

If we get De Kock out early I think it will be, SA are pretty shite
Van Der dussen been excellent so far in ODI's, had a great world cup.

Miller blows so hot and cold you never know which one will turn up. But if he does then he's excellent.

Rest of the batters are unknowns in ODI's we've certainly not played against them. Long tail mind with 4 number 11s in the side.

Last edited:
Why didn't we pick Moeen if we were gonna see Root on so early

Sam Curran shouldn't be opening the bowling in ODI's like. Bring David Willey back if you want a left armer opening bowler.

Last edited:

Back