South Africa v England white ball stuff

Some bizarre selections in this squad mind. Malan, Banton and Jordan are T20 players, bowling a bit dibbly dobbly compared to world Cup squad. I can understand needing to give key players, who played in the test series, a break yet Root, Denly, S Curran still in there and no Buttler who needs runs..? Ali still not right mindset on evidence this far
Aye, only won the world cup without him. ;) I think it was right to drop him but as far as I'm aware the door hasn't been closed but it's down to him to correct his attitude.

Would have been more useful than James Vince. I'm more bothered about his omission from the T20 team though

Last edited:
Some bizarre selections in this squad mind. Malan, Banton and Jordan are T20 players, bowling a bit dibbly dobbly compared to world Cup squad. I can understand needing to give key players, who played in the test series, a break yet Root, Denly, S Curran still in there and no Buttler who needs runs..? Ali still not right mindset on evidence this far

Would have been more useful than James Vince. I'm more bothered about his omission from the T20 team though

Take your point mate with a few of them points but Banton is going to be a top top player at all white ball cricket.

Far too young to be pigeon holed at the moment

Brilliant prospect imo

That bowling line up from us gives me the fear. Far cry from Archer, Wood, Woakes, Plunkett,Stokes Rashid

Our sucesss in white ball cricket has been driven by Plunkett,Ali and Rashid in the middle overs. Not having any of them in the side surely changes our game completely. Big task for whoever it is bowling then.

Also only 4 white players in south Africa side that has to be a first.

South Africa: 1 Quinton de Kock (captain/wk), 2 Reeza Hendricks, 3 Temba Bavuma, 4 Rassie van der Dussen, 5 JJ Smuts, 6 David Miller, 7 Andile Phehlukwayo, 8 Beuran Hendricks, 9 Lungi Ngidi, 10 Lutho Sipamla, 11 Tabraiz Shamsi
England: 1 Jason Roy, 2 Jonny Bairstow (wk), 3 Joe Root, 4 Eoin Morgan (captain), 5 Joe Denly, 6 Tom Banton, 7 Sam Curran, 8 Chris Woakes, 9 Tom Curran, 10 Chris Jordan, 11 Matt Parkinson

Last edited:
That bowling line up from us gives me the fear. Far cry from Archer, Wood, Woakes, Plunkett,Stokes Rashid

Our sucesss in white ball cricket has been driven by Plunkett,Ali and Rashid in the middle overs. Not having any of them in the side surely changes our game completely.

Also only 4 white players in south Africa side that has to be a first.

South Africa: 1 Quinton de Kock (captain/wk), 2 Reeza Hendricks, 3 Temba Bavuma, 4 Rassie van der Dussen, 5 JJ Smuts, 6 David Miller, 7 Andile Phehlukwayo, 8 Beuran Hendricks, 9 Lungi Ngidi, 10 Lutho Sipamla, 11 Tabraiz Shamsi
England: 1 Jason Roy, 2 Jonny Bairstow (wk), 3 Joe Root, 4 Eoin Morgan (captain), 5 Joe Denly, 6 Tom Banton, 7 Sam Curran, 8 Chris Woakes, 9 Tom Curran, 10 Chris Jordan, 11 Matt Parkinson

Also why is Denly playing over the likes of Malan, Hain or even Pope

Back