South Africa v England 3rd Test - Port Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hate when we go to the plan of just banging it short constantly. Did with archer and wood
Done it with every bowler we've had with a bit of pace or height.

Broad did it when younger as did Finn. Ball, tremlett,plunkett and others.

Impacted careers to be honest.

Last edited:
Brilliant few days of cricket from England. England doing to SA what Australia usually do to us (in Aus) - bat big, skittle them

Suddenly the future of the test team looks bright. Especially if Root can solve the enigma that is Jofra Archer

Brilliant few days of cricket from England. England doing to SA what Australia usually do to us (in Aus) - bat big, skittle them

Suddenly the future of the test team looks bright. Especially if Root can solve the enigma that is Jofra Archer

Archer needs to sort himself out, not the other way round.

Five of the current team are 24 or under. That goes up to six with Archer. That's a good solid basis for a team going forward. The gap left by Anderson and Broad when they retire is increasingly our major issue.

Five of the current team are 24 or under. That goes up to six with Archer. That's a good solid basis for a team going forward. The gap left by Anderson and Broad when they retire is increasingly our major issue.
Which is why Archer is such a key element. Broad can go on for a couple of years yet. Anderson is nearing the end I'm afraid. Wood will never be fit enough to play more than a couple of tests a year. We need to find a couple of reliable seamers.

The instant Anderson retires the ECB need to get him on the staff to coach the bowlers. Broad will go into the media, but Jimmy is a must for the coaching side

Which is why Archer is such a key element. Broad can go on for a couple of years yet. Anderson is nearing the end I'm afraid. Wood will never be fit enough to play more than a couple of tests a year. We need to find a couple of reliable seamers.

The instant Anderson retires the ECB need to get him on the staff to coach the bowlers. Broad will go into the media, but Jimmy is a must for the coaching side

I'd agree. Think Jimmy may want to go into the media though, he's already been doing stuff for 5Live. I'm not convinced by Curran (certainly not with the new ball) although his batting makes him useful (like Woakes).

I'd agree. Think Jimmy may want to go into the media though, he's already been doing stuff for 5Live. I'm not convinced by Curran (certainly not with the new ball) although his batting makes him useful (like Woakes).
Agree, but Woakes and Curran aren't going to take 20 wickets. There has to be some raw, fast bowling talent in the county game somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back