Sourdough starter

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m away next week but might get one going when I get back. Is yours out in the kitchen or in the fridge?
In the kitchen. TBH I've been a bit lax about the old feeding routine, but it doesn't seem to matter. It seems like it's quite robust stuff.

I do like the idea of the Pyrex dish as a cloche mind. Helps keep the shape as it rises and gives it a lovely golden and open crust.

In the kitchen. TBH I've been a bit lax about the old feeding routine, but it doesn't seem to matter. It seems like it's quite robust stuff.
Aye that’s the impression I get. If you think about it our gannies would just get on with it hoying in a cup of flour here, a sprinkle there, they wouldn’t be doing it all precise to specific times or digital scale measures.

Not saying you’re an owld gannie like :)

Last edited:
Are you gonna keep some to use again for ya next batch.
No, I've chucked it all in because I just had enough for 800g of flour and because it's so easy to make. TBH probably won't make it every week.

45 minutes into first rise - not sure if this comes across on the photos but it's definitely on its way

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I've chucked it all in because I just had enough for 800g of flour and because it's so easy to make. TBH probably won't make it every week.

45 minutes into first rise - not sure if this comes across on the photos but it's definitely on its way

Logon or register to see this image
You reckoning on something like a 3-4 hour rise?

Looks a great effort that. Your starter about 12 days old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back