Sounding your horn – fine of up to £1000

Yes i wasnt trying to be clever. Just wondering.

On my road for instance alot of times they wont use sirens just lights if its very late at night. However we get the odd one using the sirens, so didnt know what rules were in place.

Speaking of. I wish the council switched the street lamps off after 11pm, can any old knacker confirm if this was common practice in the past?
If the street light is shining into your room then speak to the council and they’ll put a low wattage bulb in.

It’s illegal to hoot your car’s horn when you're stationary in traffic unless you’re alerting another road user to a danger.

It’s also an offence to sound the horn on a road with street lights and a 30mph limit between the hours of 11.30pm and 7am.

Basic Highway code stuff.

Does that include lazy f***ing taxi drivers that can't be arsed to knock on peoples doors, they just sit in their car on their fat arsed beeping their horn...

Sometimes (usually between 11.30pm and 7.00am) I just sit on my drive sobbing away with my head on the steering wheel causing the horn to sound, thinking of the way my life has turned out, then after about 20 minutes i pull myself together and enter my house with a smile.

Earlier today there was a woman shuffling as slow as she could muster across a junction I was turning into giving it the old you'll slow down and not hit me smug look, she sharped moved when I beeped my rather loud horn at her. Love a good horn me.

Back