Sorry, but the Strikers...

Charlie Wyke was shite, all he did was score goals :lol:

In all my years in Listening to Barnes and Benno, I can't ever remember them taking the p*ss out of a Sunderland player as much as they did yesterday with Hemir. They slated him for not running, not getting up into the box, playing behind Jobe,(whether he had been told to or not), they even were laughing saying that the weather didn't suit Hemir. These lads have commented on our games for 20 years and I've never heard them go after a lazy player as much as this.
We had obv been told to get everyone behind that ball and that’s what happens when nobody’s passing to you you start to come deep , it’s funny because howey was saying the complete opposite that he it must be fuming that nobody’s crossing it

From watching them I’m not surprised at all that they’ve barely scored between them. But again is it the fault of the lads themselves that they aren’t good enough? Who decided to buy them and thought they would do a job? Got to look above.
The bloke who signed them needs removing from his position. We potentially have 20+ million coming in this summer for him to play with. Absolutely zero confidence in him spending it on what we need.

We are trying to replicate a style of play that teams with world class players use it’s ridiculous
Exactly what I said the last the other week. We are trying to play a game that the likes of Man City and Arsenal play (at a far higher level) where technicians can spot the tiniest of gaps and slot the ball through the eye of a needle. We simply don’t have anywhere near the quality .

I agree, Harry Kane is shite.

No idea if the stats are available but i feel like burstow has barely had a shot on goal, i don't remember him wasting any chances. Other than winning a penalty i can't think of a single moment he's looked good. Even when he scored :lol:

There's been a few penalty area scuffs. It's mostly a ball played and him either not anticipating/being slow mentally, being forced wide or being eased off the ball by a defender. He is absolutely atrocious.

It's the same as Will Grigg, then people point at him not being served chances.

The real problem is the four that came in the summer are all sub standard, 3 young boys who shouldn't be anywhere near the first team and a player from a poor Ukraine league...the club is being ran like a football factory with no real understanding of how the club should conduct themselves at an higher level..

(Possibly) Hemir apart and none of them are actual strikers. I said it in the summer and nothing I've seen since has changed my mind

Aye Hume is absolutely shocking and is long overdue dropping does he ever carry the ball ??? When was the last cross he put in ? Oh but he’s good at a sliding tackle so instant favourite
He’s had 2 or 3 bad games but is apparently playing through an injury. You surely can’t compare his performances to 4 so-called strikers who have 3 goals and an assist in 58 appearances?

Too many people at the club serving their apprenticeships from top to bottom.Ye only get a good striker by being extremely lucky or spending good money..some words of wisdom from my 60 + years

Back