Sony putting up the price of PS5

Become more available so put the prices up. I'm glad I still don't have one though would just be collecting dust as there is absolutely nothing of interest for me and given it's been out what 2 years now I think is kinda tragic

Become more available so put the prices up. I'm glad I still don't have one though would just be collecting dust as there is absolutely nothing of interest for me and given it's been out what 2 years now I think is kinda tragic
I spent £300 on a monitor to go with it, and there’s literally no games that will see me benefit from the monitor. I’ve genuinely considered selling it the last couple weeks.

if you were microsoft now , this would be the time to come out , drop the price of the series X (maybe S as well ) by same amount as sony have put theirs up and they'd get loads more sales

they can afford to absorb the costs doing this and I reckon it could give em the chance to try and catchup to sony for sales of the consoles

I spent £300 on a monitor to go with it, and there’s literally no games that will see me benefit from the monitor. I’ve genuinely considered selling it the last couple weeks.
Same here thinking of replacing it with a series x, I'll only have lost £70 in the couple of years I've had it

if you were microsoft now , this would be the time to come out , drop the price of the series X (maybe S as well ) by same amount as sony have put theirs up and they'd get loads more sales

they can afford to absorb the costs doing this and I reckon it could give em the chance to try and catchup to sony for sales of the consoles
I read a report suggesting they are going to lower the price for the S.

Sony for absolutely ages have been anti consumer, look at how long it took them to put something similar to game pass out (still not as good) and they had to be dragged there kicking and screaming, charging a tenner more for the ps5 version and wouldn’t give an upgrade of the game if you already owned it on the ps4.

Xbox has already sold more this generation (obviously down to supply issues) and it’ll continue with this decision and tbh they deserve it as the X is the better console and game pass is the best thing thing in gaming.

Ps I have both before anyone says I’m a Xbox fan boy 😂

I read a report suggesting they are going to lower the price for the S.

Sony for absolutely ages have been anti consumer, look at how long it took them to put something similar to game pass out (still not as good) and they had to be dragged there kicking and screaming, charging a tenner more for the ps5 version and wouldn’t give an upgrade of the game if you already owned it on the ps4.

Xbox has already sold more this generation (obviously down to supply issues) and it’ll continue with this decision and tbh they deserve it as the X is the better console and game pass is the best thing thing in gaming.

Ps I have both before anyone says I’m a Xbox fan boy 😂
I think it’s always a case that the company who are “on top” is anti consumer.

Microsoft had it locked in with the 360 but then had the nightmare launch of the Xbox One.

I think it’s always a case that the company who are “on top” is anti consumer.

Microsoft had it locked in with the 360 but then had the nightmare launch of the Xbox One.
That Xbox one launch absolutely knacked them mind 😂 trying to force DRM on people was mental, thankfully they told Don Mattrick to do 1 and put Phil Spencer in charge.

It’s always good to have competition as companies can’t just go into cruise control.

Last edited:
That Xbox one launch absolutely knacked them mind 😂 trying to force DRM on people was mental, thankfully they told Don Mattrick to do 1 and put Phil Spencer in charge.

It’s always good to have competition as companies can’t just go into cruise control.
That’s it. I think it took them years to recover from that.

But they have nailed it with series x, I backed the wrong horse getting a ps5, it's only advantage are the haptic triggers

Its the same with every new generation, they're not going to bin off the millions and millions of users on PS4 by releasing PS5 exclusives. They'll start coming in thick and fast soon enough.

Back