Songs that sound like other songs

Did the Coca Cola songwriters/New Seekers ever sue him for the melody he nicked from them?
Neil Innes was fantastic and did a load of parodies of Beatles songs for the Rutles that came very close to the originals. Before he died Neil said that he had been sued for one of the Rutles' songs( I can't remember which one) and part of the settlement had been that henceforth the song had always to be attributed to Paul McCartney . McCartney was of course a big mate of Neil's and they both pissed themselves at the thought that in years to come musical scholars might argue about a song that the records showed was certainly written by McCartney but didn't sound quite like one of his.

Anyway here's the best song from Abbey Road that wasn't actually on the album

Paul Weller`s - You Do Something To Me sounds so much like Rainbow`s Catch The Rainbow and even Weller`s guitar solo sounds stylistically like Ritchie Blackmore`s

Neil Innes was fantastic and did a load of parodies of Beatles songs for the Rutles that came very close to the originals. Before he died Neil said that he had been sued for one of the Rutles' songs( I can't remember which one) and part of the settlement had been that henceforth the song had always to be attributed to Paul McCartney . McCartney was of course a big mate of Neil's and they both pissed themselves at the thought that in years to come musical scholars might argue about a song that the records showed was certainly written by McCartney but didn't sound quite like one of his.

Anyway here's the best song from Abbey Road that wasn't actually on the album
I meant Gallagher marra!
The Rutles.....the band Oasis could’ve been.

Back