Somerset

brandon

Striker
Having found a considerable bit of humour from their most recent title chasing slip ups - largely down to their horrid doctoring of pitches and the fact that I always took immense pride in knowing that they’ve been around for over a hundred years and never won a Championship crown (despite us having won three in our infancy) - I’ve now come to the point where I want them to win the title this year. They’re currently 26 points clear of Hampfrica, with 5 wins and a draw from 6.

My reasons for this change of heart? They’re plentiful really, they too, like us have been shafted over The Hundred, they’re not a Test county, they aren’t Hampfrica, it’s about time their members had something to shout about (proper cricket wise) but above all - I see a hell of a lot of similarities in them to what I think we all want Durham to be, our raison d’etre if you will. The main one being that they seem to regularly produce a number of homegrown players and I think I’m right in saying their current success is largely down to that.

So there you go, ha’way Ciderabad! :cool:

Always liked Somerset and don't really care about the doctored pitches. Can't believe they've never won it particularly when you consider who played for them in the 80s. About time they did imo

Having found a considerable bit of humour from their most recent title chasing slip ups - largely down to their horrid doctoring of pitches and the fact that I always took immense pride in knowing that they’ve been around for over a hundred years and never won a Championship crown (despite us having won three in our infancy) - I’ve now come to the point where I want them to win the title this year. They’re currently 26 points clear of Hampfrica, with 5 wins and a draw from 6.

My reasons for this change of heart? They’re plentiful really, they too, like us have been shafted over The Hundred, they’re not a Test county, they aren’t Hampfrica, it’s about time their members had something to shout about (proper cricket wise) but above all - I see a hell of a lot of similarities in them to what I think we all want Durham to be, our raison d’etre if you will. The main one being that they seem to regularly produce a number of homegrown players and I think I’m right in saying their current success is largely down to that.

There have consistently as much as any other county brought young players through and gave them their chances.

Would love to see them win it before Trescothick retires

My annoyance of them unveiling the Taunton beach against Durham has abated.

Yep, They do a lot right that I'd like Durham to emulate.

I'd be happy if they won it, especially if the alternative is Hampsherr.

Don’t agree with thr doctoring pitch view of old

I think it’s brilliant they did that, more teams should

But this year it hasn’t been like that been down to seam

Glad you’ve joined the fan club!

Used to love watching them in the limited overs game. They somehow never transferred their one-day form over to the then 3 day game. Admittedly there were very strong Middlesex and Essex sides about but it was perplexing with the players they had all the same.

I'd like to see them win it because those days are long, long since gone and it's a really nice part of the world. I also tend to think that no one side dominating the County Championship ensures a higher level of competitiveness, which can only benefit up and coming future test players.

Used to live in Cornwall for a number of years, got soft spot for the Cider boy's up the road, always enjoyed going to Taunton, cracking little ground.

Back