Somerset at it again.

Beginning of day 2 Allott was complaining about the pitch calling it 'below standard to poor'. And he's right, it shouldn't spin that much on day 1 never mind day 2.
It hasn't give them a great advantage and personally I feel any cricket where bowlers dominate is more enjoyable as long as if you bat well you can score runs. From seeing the wickets, the ball does not appear to be jumping just turning and nothing different from what England should expect in Sri Lanka. Perhaps allowing pitches like this would help improve England's batting.

If this was at the Oval, or Headingley, or Old Trafford - I'd not bat an eyelid. But Somerset keep having form for pulling this stunt, and its high time they were taken to task on it.

It hasn't give them a great advantage and personally I feel any cricket where bowlers dominate is more enjoyable as long as if you bat well you can score runs. From seeing the wickets, the ball does not appear to be jumping just turning and nothing different from what England should expect in Sri Lanka. Perhaps allowing pitches like this would help improve England's batting.
Well maybe but a balance is what I prefer. But there's also 'dominate' and 'dominate'. I'd say a game that finishes in two days wasn't a good one and even more so when both teams scored so lowly.

Also, just because Somerset's dastardly plan came unstuck shouldn't mean they get a free pass.

Storms round the equinox, whatever next. Bonkers playing cricket so late in the year, but if we do counties should be prepared for it, should be a points and financial penalty imposed.

32K for winning the title !!!!! pathetic, no wonder county cricket is fecked

Back