Somerset at it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRey

Winger
Another doctored pitch down Taunton... 22 wickets in the day, and it seems pretty likely that the pitch inspectors will be all over them again.

They got warned after they pulled the same stunt against Middlesex last year (in a relegation decider) that another "below average" pitch will see them face a points deduction - interesting how they just wait for the 12 months to elapse, before they pull the same stunt...

Ciderabad

Regular readers will know my feelings on it, they did it against us two years ago when we were looking pretty strong for the title for a while - before settling for fourth and a demotion :mad:.

Remember speaking to one of the Durham groundstaff who said at the time the guidance prohibited excessive seam movement but there was nothing about excessive turn. Although I think that’s changed now.

Another doctored pitch down Taunton... 22 wickets in the day, and it seems pretty likely that the pitch inspectors will be all over them again.

They got warned after they pulled the same stunt against Middlesex last year (in a relegation decider) that another "below average" pitch will see them face a points deduction - interesting how they just wait for the 12 months to elapse, before they pull the same stunt...

Bollocks

Love somerset and they are producing good spin bowlers

I've honestly had a Somerset fan on Twitter argue "well if we've doctored the pitch and made it impossible to bat on, why are we struggling then??"

I... I just... What... I give up, gents. This level of stupidity has beaten me.

43/6 still need 35!

taking tea...why when there is only 26 runs needed and 4 wickets needed. Be over in the next 20 mins either way!

Scores level and 9 down!

DRAW!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Can't complain too much about this one given Lancashire's compliment of spinners
Beginning of day 2 Allott was complaining about the pitch calling it 'below standard to poor'. And he's right, it shouldn't spin that much on day 1 never mind day 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back