Solksjaer - “Liverpool defeat shows the strides forward we’ve made”

He’s not a long term solution. They’re regressing more and more with every week he’s in charge and the gap widens with the top teams. It’s only a lack of quality this season outside the top two and the goodwill from his playing days keeping him hanging onto his job.

Yes, Abraham, Mount, James, Hudson Odoi. Players no one had any idea whether they'd make the step up, and again, Lampard hasn't spent a penny, while losing Lampard. there's no comparison here, Man Utd simply have the better players on paper and should be preforming miles better.

Yes, Abraham, Mount, James, Hudson Odoi. Players no one had any idea whether they'd make the step up, and again, Lampard hasn't spent a penny, while losing Lampard. there's no comparison here, Man Utd simply have the better players on paper and should be preforming miles better.
Who are these better players on paper apart from pogba and de gea

Who are these better players on paper apart from pogba and de gea

They spunked 100 million on maguire and wan bissaka man. Man Utd have had the financial backing to be much more successful this season. With Lampard it wsd a case of seeing what happens with thr young uns.

Last edited:

30 points behind them, having been the only side so far to take points off them and now having lost 2-0. Dear oh dear.

lost by far and away his best player to a double fracture of the spine because he played him through injury - might as well start using Fergie’s parking space cos it won’t be an option for much longer
Is he still not parking in the manager's parking space at the training ground?

this.

he’s a beta male cuck

The bloke is massively deluded like. He comes out with shite like this practically every week

Man utd are a laughing stock.

I thought they did a lot of things right. Liverpool have a better team, no doubt, but things can change quickly in football as we well know.

Lets be honest, solskjaer isnt good enough. He was a sentimental appointment but its clear as day he isnt the right man. I honestly think they are worse since he took over, they certainly haven't improved.

Man U are an absolute shambles. Both them and Arsenal have completely forgotten that football is about winning matches/ trophies and not income generation only.

Both sets of ownership should leave.

They spunked 100 million on maguire and wan bissaka man. Man Utd have had the financial backing to be much more successful this season. With Lampard it wsd a case of seeing what happens with thr young uns.
That doesn't mak them any good. £80m for Maguire looks a joke to be honest. I'd take Chelsea's midfield options over Manchester United's every day of the week.

All this, "Man Utd are behind so many points, Man City are behind by so many points" blah blah is just media guff. This is a unique season with Liverpool winning all but 1 game so it's pretty obvious that teams will be a lot more of points behind and the gullibles fall for the sensationalism. Looking at previous seasons there's normally 1 team that is running away at this stage, Liverpool were already so many points ahead last season, Man City the season before and Chelsea the season before that.

I'm not saying Man Utd are doing class as they're still a few points behind what you'd expect. Though this season, it seems quite a few of the 'big 6' teams are dropping points and so Liverpool's amazing streak is making the gap bigger than usual. Liverpool have been constant this season, whereas Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and sometimes Man City have been a bit hit and miss so the gap is unusually bigger than normal. This season I think the other 'big' teams, Man City aside as they've missed Laporte, don't have the superstar/standout players or squad depth like previous seasons and that the other 14 teams are better than usual. This is probably why the relegation battle still involves quite a few teams though Norwich need to do something soon.

A late Lllana goal got a draw for Liverpool at Man Utd earlier this season and they only lost 2-0 at Anfield. Liverpool dominated the start of the 2nd half but then Man Utd were the ones pushing for pushing the equaliser and the got stung with a last minute break. They only had 1 less shot on target and surely must have missed Rashford not playing? I can understand why he said “For me we lost to Liverpool, a team that you all say are fantastic, and we’ve been in the game until the last kick, and, for me, that’s strides forward. We’re disappointed losing the game, we don’t want to be behind them but there were signs we are on the right track.”

Technically at 1-0, they were still in game until the late 2nd goal and looking back at their recent results it's not all bad so you can understand why he mentioned signs of on the right track. Going back to beating Spurs early Deccember, they won 6 out of 8 games, drawing with Everton (with Ferguson manager bounce) and losing to a resurgent Watford. They won the next 2 and then Arsenal turned up to have their game of the season and beat them 2-0. They then drew away to Wolves and then lost to Man City at home so nowt disastrous. They won their next 2 games and then played Liverpool so for me Solksjaer is saying what you'd expect most manager's to say and he's right in a way and certainly not being deluded etc with those comments.

Rashford will be a big miss for Man Utd and Pogba's absence has 'possibly' been a miss. Imagine taking Aguero and De Bruyne away from Man City, better players but the best attacker and midfielder they've got but Man Utd haven't got squad depth. Look at Man City's defence because of missing players.

Why the fuck did I just type all that? :lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The man's an idiot i still cant believe he is in charge . The club have fallen so far behind City and Liverpool in the last 5 years it's frightening

All this, "Man Utd are behind so many points, Man City are behind by so many points" blah blah is just media guff. This is a unique season with Liverpool winning all but 1 game so it's pretty obvious that teams will be a lot more of points behind and the gullibles fall for the sensationalism. Looking at previous seasons there's normally 1 team that is running away at this stage, Liverpool were already so many points ahead last season, Man City the season before and Chelsea the season before that.

I'm not saying Man Utd are doing class as they're still a few points behind what you'd expect. Though this season, it seems quite a few of the 'big 6' teams are dropping points and so Liverpool's amazing streak is making the gap bigger than usual. Liverpool have been constant this season, whereas Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and sometimes Man City have been a bit hit and miss so the gap is unusually bigger than normal. This season I think the other 'big' teams, Man City aside as they've missed Laporte, don't have the superstar/standout players or squad depth like previous seasons and that the other 14 teams are better than usual. This is probably why the relegation battle still involves quite a few teams though Norwich need to do something soon.

Chelsea are on track for the lowest 4th placed points total (63) since two appalling Liverpool (60) and Everton (61) teams in 2004 and 2005. Houllier got sacked for that performance. Beyond that you're looking at some time in the early 90s — when top teams got fewer points in general — when the 4th place team got these kind of results. If anything, I'd argue, the table is making Ole's Utd look better than they are. At the minute they're 'striding forward' to around 56 points.

Chelsea are on track for the lowest 4th placed points total (63) since two appalling Liverpool (60) and Everton (61) teams in 2004 and 2005. Houllier got sacked for that performance. Beyond that you're looking at some time in the early 90s — when top teams got fewer points in general — when the 4th place team got these kind of results. If anything, I'd argue, the table is making Ole's Utd look better than they are. At the minute they're 'striding forward' to around 56 points.
That's my point, Liverpool aside and in some degree Man City, the rest of the league outside the big 6 seem to be getting more points this season.

Man Utd's recent league results haven't been too bad as I explained. The game against Everton, they were up against the 'old manger bounce' with Ferguson temporarily in charge, same with Watford as Pearson had kicked them up the arse and then Arsenal were class on NYD and finally Liverpool just last weekend. However now Rashford is missing they may well struggle for goals as they've got nobody to replace and Pogba being missing hasn't helped as their squad is probably the weakest it's been for a long time.

Logon or register to see this image

That's my point, Liverpool aside and in some degree Man City, the rest of the league outside the big 6 seem to be getting more points this season.

Man Utd's recent league results haven't been too bad as I explained. The game against Everton, they were up against the 'old manger bounce' with Ferguson temporarily in charge, same with Watford as Pearson had kicked them up the arse and then Arsenal were class on NYD and finally Liverpool just last weekend. However now Rashford is missing they may well struggle for goals as they've got nobody to replace and Pogba being missing hasn't helped as their squad is probably the weakest it's been for a long time.

Logon or register to see this image

I guess it's how you look at it. I think you can only control your results and that's how a manager should be judged. So if a relegation threatened team gets 38-40 points but somehow goes down, it'd be harsh to blame the manager too much. If a team aiming for top 4 gets 75 or so and still doesn't make it, the same.

In Solskjaer's case, the results haven't been good enough. If they qualify with 65 odd points it'd still set alarm bells ringing. You can be pretty confident the same won't be good enough next season.
Of course if the recent up turn continues but they're pipped be Chelsea, who have a return to form as well, you'd be leaning towards taking keep him on.

Back