Soldier commits suicide because of army sexual harrasment

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date

Terrible. Can only imagine how tough of a person you have to be physically and mentally to be in the army..... how bad must the harassment be where you have to come to this as a way out?

Oh christ that is awful.

And it feels really close to home as while I had never met her or her family or even visited their pub I had liked their Facebook page a few years ago with the intention of visiting. Her Mam and Dad ran the Manor House in Oxen in the Lakes. Through their page I had seen Jaysley help out in the pub and then how proud her parents were when she left to join the Army. Giving updates on her via their page. And then the devastating news that she had died. That was awful enough but to now read why she had been pushed to do what she did. Fuck, makes me really angry.

I hope this is properly dealt with by the authorities. The army will usually try to protect itself in these situations. Things aren't dealt with that will ruin the reputation of the regiment etc. Huge amounts of misogyny. As she found out reporting this behaviour. Now it's out in the public it will have to be done right. Hopefully.

Her boss sent her 2000 messages one month, increasing to 3500 the next

This is mental - over 100 a day. He must have had no time for anything else except to harass her. He must have been obsessed and surely most have been aware.
Poor lass
I hope this is properly dealt with by the authorities. The army will usually try to protect itself in these situations. Things aren't dealt with that will ruin the reputation of the regiment etc. Huge amounts of misogyny. As she found out reporting this behaviour. Now it's out in the public it will have to be done right. Hopefully.
They will but they have admitted that her boss behaviour was a causal factor which is a huge thing to admit

Last edited:
Her boss sent her 2000 messages one month, increasing to 3500 the next

This is mental - over 100 a day. He must have had no time for anything else except to harass her. He must have been obsessed and surely most have been aware.
Poor lass

They will but they have admitted that her boss behaviour was a causal factor which is a huge thing to admit

Casual Factor.

Casual.
There's nothing casual about 1000s of messages. That's full blown serious harassment.

Casual Factor.

Casual.
There's nothing casual about 1000s of messages. That's full blown serious harassment.
Causal factor

A major unplanned, unintended contributor to an incident (a negative event or undesirable condition), that if eliminated would have either prevented the occurrence of the incident or reduced its severity or frequency.

I think you need to read it again mate.

Aaaaah CAUSAL
Well... that makes a difference to what I read!
Causal factor

A major unplanned, unintended contributor to an incident (a negative event or undesirable condition), that if eliminated would have either prevented the occurrence of the incident or reduced its severity or frequency.

Yes, thank you, I've realised I got the vowels the wrong way round.

Failure of the divisional system there like, she should have known that in instances like this she can go to her gaffers gaffer and raise it. Really hard for young uns in the military to have that sort of confidence though as the standard protocol for everything else is that it goes up the chain of command.

Casual Factor.

Casual.
Spelling aside, I agree, that is probably going beyond serious harassment in to full realms infatuation, psychological controlling behavior territory, as well as the physical side he put on her. They are saying boss I guess, as rank would then isolate who it was, also it seems, in army terms (slight of word) they are admitting guilt/problem with one of their blokes.

Failure of the divisional system there like, she should have known that in instances like this she can go to her gaffers gaffer and raise it. Really hard for young uns in the military to have that sort of confidence though as the standard protocol for everything else is that it goes up the chain of command.
Her family are saying she knew they wouldn't have taken it seriously and seen her as a trouble maker. The article even references a past similar situation where it wasn't dealt with properly.

Just look at the amount of arse covering and you can see why she felt nothing would happen. Though the report being released is a positive.

Back