Solar Farm: SAFC Partner With Cundall

Any idea on:

1. What will the footprint of the solar farm be? Other's I've seen take up acres of space.
2. When would it be expected to be built?
3. Will it actually power the stadium of light, or is it more that it will just produce the same amount of energy the sol uses but not directly power it?

Any idea on:

1. What will the footprint of the solar farm be? Other's I've seen take up acres of space.
2. When would it be expected to be built?
3. Will it actually power the stadium of light, or is it more that it will just produce the same amount of energy the sol uses but not directly power it?
Sure I’d read earlier on it won’t power the stadium of light but will generate enough to run it therefore creating net zero on the stadium

Things like sports stadiums should simply have panels all over the roof. Its a profitable venture, nevermind being "eco".

As someone else said, putting them in fields seems wrong (unless its some clever system where panels provide dappled shade to certain crops, in which case it can be beneficial).

Aye they're going to run a big extension cable along to replace the knackered sub station over that way.
"the club are preparing a planning application and applying for a grid connection in the near future. If successful, this will feed clean renewable electricity into the UK network.". It could theoretically directly power the SOL, especially if it's doing the 'wider community' as mentioned.

Back