SoL Concerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have ya seen the nick of her man Chris? Haway man have you no standards?
Shes possibly the biggest female artist of all time. You could pick any house in the entire world and if she was playing in the back garden every member of said household and some friends and family would all be present to watch the gig.

Shes possibly the biggest female artist of all time. You could pick any house in the entire world and if she was playing in the back garden every member of said household and some friends and family would all be present to watch the gig.
possibly, but I wouldn’t be one of them.

Do you boys actually realise that it’s very unlikely that Madge will ever be in you back garden , let alone put on a show there?
And she won’t be on at the SoL either anytime (ever) so all ok .

Because concerts cost the club more to put on than the money they make.
End of thread.
Pure loss making.

Someone isn't doing their sums then.

You shouldn't be losing money on any concert if you rent out the venue for a flat fee.

The promoter pays for the bands, stage set-up, stewarding, etc, and takes the profit from ticket sales, merchandise and the bars.

I think we made about £40K on the Rod Stewart concert this summer.

We need a benefit gig... Grigg aid.... "it's league one and there's no need to be afraid, it's league one stop letting in soft goals and banish sol hate... Feed will grigg let him know it Christmas time"

By all means correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the concerts and similar events deemed unprofitable a few years ago when they began to phase them out?

By all means correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the concerts and similar events deemed unprofitable a few years ago when they began to phase them out?

That was because Gary the Hair was running them as a promoter and the bands had his trousers down. Donald has gone back to the simpler, and proven, method of simply renting the stadium out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back