SoL Concerts

As far as I know he took it over when it was going to close maybe a month or two ago. Time flies mind so I could be wrong.
He has owned Antler since 2017 - it went into administration under him a few months ago.
[
He has owned Antler since 2017 - it went into administration under him a few months ago.

Last edited:

Durham seem to be doing ok booking the smaller concerts this year, could see them getting a nice return from the 3 they have booked

Little Mix Buble and Westlife - should make something from those three. A couple of years ago they had Simple Minds on and whilst not as big a draw as the 80's early 90's I couldn't help but think if they make a profit on say 10,000 people attending why can't Sunderland.

Last edited:
Little Mix Buble and Westlife - should make something from those three. A couple of years ago they had Simple Minds on and whilst not as big a draw as the 80's early 90's I couldn't help but think if they make a profit on say 10,000 people attending why can't Sunderland.

Went to see Rod Stewart there a few year ago, it was briiliant

Looks like the main market these days seems to be venues that around 20k , not many gigs around for venues like Sunderland

it would be awful, i saw the Rolling Stones in a 2/3 full Olympic Stadium in London and the echo was awful. I then saw the Foo Fighters a week later in a full stadium and it was fantastic no echo

There's a football team currently playing to less than 20000 which are spread around the stands. Chester le street has a bigger area to fill whereas Sunderland could close the North Stand and just have everyone on the pitch and in the East/West stands

There's a football team currently playing to less than 20000 which are spread around the stands. Chester le street has a bigger area to fill whereas Sunderland could close the North Stand and just have everyone on the pitch and in the East/West stands

but the fact it is in a bowl and it would be an empty bowl would and does create an echo. Chester Le Street, the stands are low lying, no roof it is more like a park or a field

but the fact it is in a bowl and it would be an empty bowl would and does create an echo. Chester Le Street, the stands are low lying, no roof it is more like a park or a field
I’ve been to see the Pogues at the Arena when they just halved it. Put a git big net across the middle.

So why are we losing big concerts to Boro now?

Killers playing there next year
The only reason Boro are getting the concerts is the huge subsidies the borough council are putting into it.

Just like the R1 big weekend, huge input from the council. The football club were dragged along for the ride.

Back