So.. Who’ve we signed so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

There it is again. Mention of pace and quality missing. First and foremost we need quality in.

Disagree, had this discussion with the lads. I’d put ability to one side in this league. We need to be purchasing players who are tall and quick, have a bloody physical presence. We must be on paper the slowest team in the league.

I doubt that.

Who’s got pace? When was the last time we had a player get at people and take the game to them. Play off final three of Power, Cattermole and Leadbitter lost us the game in my opinion.

I’ll give one in an ageing Mcgeady who was superb last year. Struggling after that.

Disagree, had this discussion with the lads. I’d put ability to one side in this league. We need to be purchasing players who are tall and quick, have a bloody physical presence. We must be on paper the slowest team in the league.
Each to their own.

I think that is absolutely mental and I really hope we don't even consider going down that route

Each to their own.

I think that is absolutely mental and I really hope we don't even consider going down that route

It’s not ideal but I think that’s what’s needed to get out of League 1. I’d chuck the fancy football to just win games at this point.

It’s not ideal but I think that’s what’s needed to get out of League 1. I’d chuck the fancy football to just win games at this point.
We don't play fancy football.

If you have quality players for this level who can keep the ball and move teams about its every bit as effective as having a team just trying to bully there way out of the league.

Also imo better for the long term

Who’s got pace? When was the last time we had a player get at people and take the game to them. Play off final three of Power, Cattermole and Leadbitter lost us the game in my opinion.

I’ll give one in an ageing Mcgeady who was superb last year. Struggling after that.
Which opposition sides have pace?

Power went off after about 9 minutes ya clown - something which contributed to us losing that game.

Ross chops and chafes his team every game. Even before the play off final he didn't know his best team so I doubt he knows what players are needed to improve the team/squad.

I’m also worried about this chafing issue, could become serious especially in the hot weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back