Smith & Warner

I meant on this board!!

Yeah I was here and this board made excuse after excuse for Stokes, where if Warner had done exactly the same, the same people defending Stokes would have slaughtered Warner imo.

I knew what you meant. Point still stands.

Do you want me to bump that thread so you can go through it’s entirety and look at the contrasting opinions throughout? There were more than enough dissenting voices.

For a different example, look at the stick given to Hales on here in recent weeks too - then come back and tell us again that we don’t give abuse to our own.

I knew what you meant. Point still stands.

Do you want me to bump that thread so you can go through it’s entirety and look at the contrasting opinions throughout? There were more than enough dissenting voices.

For a different example, look at the stick given to Hales on here in recent weeks too - then come back and tell us again that we don’t give abuse to our own.

Yeah agree there were plenty who had principles and criticised Stokes correctly.

Yet there were others who made excuses for him and defended him, when it was clearly very very unprofessional of him at best, some would not even admit he was wrong for what he did, and imo that was becuase he played for Durham and England.

Yes Hales took plenty of stick, rightly soo, wonder whether he would have if played for Durham, I have very strong doubts!

Last edited:
Lets just hold on here !
Altering the surface of the ball has always gone on at every level of cricket, using different methods. All against Cricket Law and the "spirit" of the game.
I never saw this level of abuse directed towards Michael Atherton, the England captain, when he used "soil" from his pocket to "alter" the condition of the ball !
Yes, it is wrong.
Yes the Aussies were found out and punished.
Now, move on, please.
Soil or "soil"
It was definitely soil. It was no worse than a spinner rubbing their hand in the dirt to improve their grip. The condition of the ball was unaltered

Yeah agree there were plenty who had principles and criticised Stokes correctly.

Yet there were others who made excuses for him and defended him, when it was clearly very very unprofessional of him at best, some would not even admit he was wrong for what he did, and imo that was becuase he played for Durham and England.

Yes Hales took plenty of stick, rightly soo, wonder whether he would have if played for Durham, I have very strong doubts!

Sly digs and strong doubts :rolleyes:

It’s not a sly dig, it’s my opinion, like I said in my fi post,people change their principles and values depending on who does it and who their play for.

I think that’s a pretty horrendous generalisation to make whilst hiding behind a username such as yours.

You absolutely cannot know that to be true at all. To say only people without principles defended Stokes is at best grossly unfair. At worst, tantamount to slander.

I think that’s a pretty horrendous generalisation to make whilst hiding behind a username such as yours.

You absolutely cannot know that to be true at all. To say only people without principles defended Stokes is at best grossly unfair. At worst, tantamount to slander.

Well of course I can’t know, as not a mind reader, so that’s a fair comment.

It is a opinion ( not a fact) based of reading some posters posts on different subjects, that their views vary depending on who does something.

It’s because fans are biased and see things through their own bias, happens on the football forum all the time.

Last edited:
I meant on this board!!

Yeah I was here and this board made excuse after excuse for Stokes, where if Warner had done exactly the same, the same people defending Stokes would have slaughtered Warner imo.
Stokes found Not Guilty, misses an ashes series

Smith and warner found guilty banned for a convenient period but back in time for an ashes and World Cup

Back