SMB tog meet March 18th (Sunday): Steetly Magnasite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
aye, with a canoe maybe :lol:

i think they were accessable until metal thieves stripped most of the metal from the site.

)

Everyone seems convinced I want to swim to this structure through a vat of hydrochloric acid, I merely wanted to photograph it from a safe distance ;)

I take it it's fenced off or destroyed then?

nahh, you can easily photograph it like...i though you wanted to actually get on it though, there is actually several on site, have a look at steetly on google maps and you can see all the vats.

here's another from last night showing one of the tank's.

Logon or register to see this image

Nothing seems fenced off. Access problems are due to either water (with god knows what in it) or man sized craters all over the place. It didn't seem to put the charvers off like.

Nothing seems fenced off. Access problems are due to either water (with god knows what in it) or man sized craters all over the place. It didn't seem to put the charvers off like.

Scumbags there all the time? Might put me off like

quite often there are kids kicking about but not always, been there loads of times and never had any bother, safety in numbers is best though especially if your carrying rather expensive gear around.

Icarebecauseyoudo said:
Scumbags there all the time? Might put me off like

I'd have been concerned on my own like but there were 6 of us. We also had fire and an army of clyde's green men.

Everyone seems convinced I want to swim to this structure through a vat of hydrochloric acid, I merely wanted to photograph it from a safe distance ;)

I take it it's fenced off or destroyed then?

Fenced off? Nah. You're closer to the money with destroyed though. There's not a lot of anything left but rubble. I took this 4 years or so ago; there's fuck all of this left now. (photoshopped to buggery, I wasn't scared to use it then) -

Logon or register to see this image

Steetly Magnasite, Hartlepool. Panorama.... by David John Harris, on Flickr

I'd have been concerned on my own like but there were 6 of us. We also had fire and an army of clyde's green men.

Ah, we were fine... I'd have just used my patented 'flash' on them :eek::eek::lol:

Iain Hesford's Bait Box said:
Ah, we were fine... I'd have just used my patented 'flash' on them :eek::eek::lol:

That was more powerful than that global rainbow. I had to put my hand in front of my head torch just to see if it was on!

Good shot , by my eyes could do with straightening tho, could be wrong like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back