SMB tog meet March 18th (Sunday): Steetly Magnasite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made one myself from an old computer mouse for my 550D. One button is for focus, the other for shutter release. It looks shit, but works a charm and saved me a few quid.

I made one myself from an old computer mouse for my 550D. One button is for focus, the other for shutter release. It looks shit, but works a charm and saved me a few quid.

I have been looking at DIY photography site at some cheap lighting ideas / soft boxes and DIY clamps etc.

I think there was a link to a "recycle your old mouse, make it into a 'ghetto' shutter release" thread.

Well got my bag and tripod now, very slim chance that my remote will come for Friday but not confident. Can I help by bringing anything else?

oROSSo said:
Well got my bag and tripod now, very slim chance that my remote will come for Friday but not confident. Can I help by bringing anything else?

I don't have a remote shutter release. We'll just have to set the exposure time and use the shutter timer function. The lads who are experienced at the wire wool burning etc... will hopefully be able to advise how long they think each exposure should be.

I have a jack style cable shutter release which fits most Canon cameras.. will fetch it along. Oh, the lock is broken on it though so if you use it the button will will need to be pressed down for the full duration of the exposure. :-O

For anyone with Canon DSLR's.. take a look at Magic Lantern. it allows you to change settings in your camera that you can't normally. I'm guessing there may be some settings in there for longer exposures.

For anyone with Canon DSLR's.. take a look at Magic Lantern. it allows you to change settings in your camera that you can't normally. I'm guessing there may be some settings in there for longer exposures.

says it's only for the 5d and 550d?

actually it does other as well, but not mine..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a jack style cable shutter release which fits most Canon cameras.. will fetch it along. Oh, the lock is broken on it though so if you use it the button will will need to be pressed down for the full duration of the exposure. :-O

Canon has the same jack as Pentax so shud work , ill just tape the button down if I cant find one by sunday , going to try charles eagles tomorrow tho for a cheapy

Canon has the same jack as Pentax so shud work , ill just tape the button down if I cant find one by sunday , going to try charles eagles tomorrow tho for a cheapy

Just tested it and the lock works again :confused:, although i dont know if it will work with your camera..

shutter release just arrived!

marra, i'm shitting it here.. our lass bought me a new Tripod but the stupid bint didn't buy me a head to go with it.. so i've had to order one and it isn't here yet.. gutted if i've gotta use the Hama one on Sunday :mad:

Doesn't matter what tripod or head that you use , just as long as it keeps your camera steady

Just tested it and the lock works again :confused:, although i dont know if it will work with your camera..

marra, i'm shitting it here.. our lass bought me a new Tripod but the stupid bint didn't buy me a head to go with it.. so i've had to order one and it isn't here yet.. gutted if i've gotta use the Hama one on Sunday :mad:
nowt worse than waiting on deliveries, always annoyed me!

I've only got a cheap-o-tastic tripod at the moment, it will have to do. I might try and weigh it down somehow. Fingers crossed that it's not windy!!!

Gerrin head arrived.. cheapest Manfrotto head there is like :lol:

oh and my Hama tripod was £9, reduced from £35 - it's absolutely shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back