SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Zverev pure bottled it.... He will never have a greater opportunity to win a slam.... He will be having nightmares tonight.... Though I'm pretty sure the runner up prize money might soften the blow...

Zverev pure bottled it.... He will never have a greater opportunity to win a slam.... He will be having nightmares tonight.... Though I'm pretty sure the runner up prize money might soften the blow...
Needs to settle in his 2nd serve, it imploded from set 3 onwards when he starting serving slower instead of going for 2x 1st serves, his 1st serve then implored in set 5.

Zverev was on fire for the 1st hour BUT I wonder how fit Thiem was, clearly hampered from the 3rd hour onwards

Ahh man, feel so bad for Zverev. Probably never been a match to sum up his career like that one. All the ability in the world but mentally... just can't quite get it all together. He's a special player though. He'll figure it out.

Well deserved for Thiem though! Delighted for him.

He will do, his time will come. There's only Kyrgios around his age who has a similar level of ability as Zverev IMO. Feels like he's been around forever but he's only 23. He'll get there.

Ahh man, feel so bad for Zverev. Probably never been a match to sum up his career like that one. All the ability in the world but mentally... just can't quite get it all together. He's a special player though. He'll figure it out.

Well deserved for Thiem though! Delighted for him.

He will do, his time will come. There's only Kyrgios around his age who has a similar level of ability as Zverev IMO. Feels like he's been around forever but he's only 23. He'll get there.
Just needs to settle in a serving rhythm and stick with it, first two sets were 130mph 2nd serves, sets 3-5 85mph and less
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what worked best for him

Last edited:
My prediction Djokovic and Nadal will share slams for next 2 years then Mens tennis will become as unpredictable as womens with no dominant force.

Just needs to settle in a serving rhythm and stick with it, first two sets were 130mph 2nd serves, sets 3-5 85mph and less

I might be talking rubbish but he never used to be like that when he first came on tour did he? I can't remember him always being like that.

That 68 mph serve has to be the slowest serve on match point in a Slam final ever. I can't believe I actually saw that happen :eek:

I might be talking rubbish but he never used to be like that when he first came on tour did he? I can't remember him always being like that.

That 68 mph serve has to be the slowest serve on match point in a Slam final ever. I can't believe I actually saw that happen :eek:
Always struggled with his 2nd serve to a degree, bit like Murray when he started but with more double faults.
Now he's just in two minds as to what to do, his 1st serve is great
Do you think Serena has another slam in her?
Yes, super high quality semi final wasn't much in it against azarenka, Wimbledon she would still be favourite for me next year

Last edited:

Back