SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Come on thiem, get an early break and put the pressure on zverev
Zverev for me has such a good 1st serve and such a poor 'standard 2nd serve' that he might as well do 2 1st serves. Just like Krygios

Last edited:

I am rooting for Thiem but I wish he didnt grunge so much when hitting the ball.
Zverev is almost silent as he hits the ball but Thiem's shots are all accompanied by a grunt.
I am not sure when players start to do that.
Laver and Rosewall etc never did and Federer doesnt

I am rooting for Thiem but I wish he didnt grunge so much when hitting the ball.
Zverev is almost silent as he hits the ball but Thiem's shots are all accompanied by a grunt.
I am not sure when players start to do that.
Laver and Rosewall etc never did and Federer doesnt
Lot of it is down to technique, someone like thiem has a huge back swing so hits the ball incredibly hard
Rafa very similar
COME ON THIEM, SERVE THIS OUT

Last edited:
Needs to clear his head quickly here. He was really really poor that fourth set.

I do seem to recall a certain individual losing the 3rd and 4th set comfortably in a US Open final roughly eight years ago but still coming through in the fifth to win his first Slam though...

Zverev seems to be losing confidence especially with his serve.
Odds now in favour if Thiem.
Lot of it is down to technique, someone like thiem has a huge back swing so hits the ball incredibly hard
Rafa very similar
COME ON THIEM, SERVE THIS OUT
I get that.
I hadnt noticed until you posted that.

Last edited:
Say what you will about the overall quality BUT Zverev was lights out those first 2 sets, whilst Thiem has started to play solid tennis these last two sets as average serve has dropped

Looks worrying for Zverev .
Feel sorry for Zverev now as he has never lost a grand slam match from 2 sets up before.
He will feel dreadful if he loses now

Last edited:
Wonder if Zverev serving first in this set is gonna help him here.

Served second in the third and fourth set and got broken right at the end of each set. That scoreboard pressure can't be fun when you're always a game behind and maybe struggling a little bit mentally.

I can't believe he just called the trainer before serving the biggest game of his life, madness.
f***ing hell, he can barely move.

Last edited:

Back