SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

I hope not :lol::lol:...first two sets have already been closed than anything rafa faced last year.
Bolelli 2.38/1 to win the 3rd set for those interested

I was disappointed that they couldn't finish the 3rd set as the Italian lad was playing some great stuff but fair play to them for sticking it out as long as they did. Quite strange to be surrounded by umbrellas while they were still playing.

I can't see a lineup on any single court to justify forking out lots of euros again so I think we'll just stick to the outer court tickets tomorrow. Kyle Edmund, Jack Sock, Anderson, Kerber ..........

If they'd have managed to get Muguruza, Halep, Edmund and Del Potro on the same court after the Nadal finish I'd be online for tickets now but .........

Those with SkyBets 7/1 not dropping a set would have had hearts in mouth there, 4 BPs to then serve out the set, including 3 in a row.

Former Briton Aljaz Bedene out in straight sets against Cuevas. In fairness, the latter is more established on clay.

Speaking of former Briton's, that Isabelle Wallace (who is actually British) is playing her match now but has made a bad start, 0-4 down to AVU.

Last edited:
Mmmmmmmuguruza!

On Court 3 watching Edmund. Pissing it.

Did the Skybet treble. Cilic/Mugu/Berdych in straight sets. Allez Tomas!!

Sharapova now in trouble. 0-3 in the decider.

Back on serve now *2-3

I simply fail to understand why she doesn't get minimum a warning for that noise. Her screams are so ridiculously loud and long that she is still screaming when her opponent hits the ball. Not only does it make watching her matches a nightmare but it cannot be allowed as fair play either, surely.

I simply fail to understand why she doesn't get minimum a warning for that noise. Her screams are so ridiculously loud and long that she is still screaming when her opponent hits the ball. Not only does it make watching her matches a nightmare but it cannot be allowed as fair play either, surely.

Creeping more and more into the women's game now, she's not even the loudest.

Bhambri has played one match on clay in 3 years.

Yeah it's a bit of a weird one why those odds were like that. I do like backing against those who never play on clay. I got a bit lucky backing Fabbiano against Ebden and Jaziri against Youzhny yesterday though admittedly.

Probably should have stuck with that formula rather than backing Dudi Sela today. He served for the first set as well, never mind.

Berdych up a double break in both set one and two tie breaks.

How unfortunate for him it was at that point that he remembered he was Tomas Berdych.

Back