SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Great win for Edmund, up to a career high 35 in the live rankings and if he can pull off the upset over Dimitrov then he'll be #26. Great start to the season and hopefully he can win his first career title this season. Shame Kyrgios lost, but I think Dimitrov deserved it.

Svitolina and Wozniacki both won very comfortably (both dropping just 3 games) and are still on course to meet in the semi finals on Thursday.

Who will Edmund play in the 1/4?

They usually do the W-W-M combo starting at 12am then the 4th M at 8am (UK times) for the QFs and since Kyrgios went out, I'd imagine Kyle will be on 3rd during the early hours of Tuesday, so likely around 4.30/5ish.

Last edited:
Great win for Edmund, up to a career high 35 in the live rankings and if he can pull off the upset over Dimitrov then he'll be #26. Great start to the season and hopefully he can win his first career title this season. Shame Kyrgios lost, but I think Dimitrov deserved it.

Svitolina and Wozniacki both won very comfortably (both dropping just 3 games) and are still on course to meet in the semi finals on Thursday.

They usually do the W-W-M combo starting at 12am then the 4th M at 8am (UK times) for the QFs and since Kyrgios went out, I'd imagine Kyle will be on 3rd during the early hours of Tuesday, so likely around 4.30/5ish.
Any of your bets still alive

IV got wozniaki as well as 5 results for the opening night of prem league darts and IV got Garcia, Anderson for masters darts, cross to win prem league and a snooker one which is in the final today

Garcia-Keys looks the match of the night. It's on at 12am UK time so I'll definitely be watching that one. Hope Garcia wins but think Keys might take it in 2 close sets.

Rod Laver
Keys v Garcia
Hsieh v Kerber
Fucsovics v Federer
From 8am
Djokovic v Chung
Strycova v Pliskova

Margaret Court

Doubles
Fognini v Berdych
Doubles
Halep v Osaka

Hisense
Doubles
Doubles
Doubles

Thiem v Sandgren

Garcia-Keys looks the match of the night. It's on at 12am UK time so I'll definitely be watching that one. Hope Garcia wins but think Keys might take it in 2 close sets.

Rod Laver
Keys v Garcia
Hsieh v Kerber
Fucsovics v Federer
From 8am
Djokovic v Chung
Strycova v Pliskova

Margaret Court

Doubles
Fognini v Berdych
Doubles
Halep v Osaka

Hisense
Doubles
Doubles
Doubles

Thiem v Sandgren
I'd win a hell of a lot of the Garcia one came of but doubt it will probably watch that and kerber have doctors at 9 so hopefully not a late one like halep the other night.

Both pre tournament outright bets are still going mate

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/smb-tennis-thread.1378997/page-20#post-26895845

Gave up on the daily accas after day 2.

What's yours like?
I haven't asked I presume the cross one would be to win the whole thing not to top the league.

Last edited:
I'd win a hell of a lot of the Garcia one came of but doubt it will probably watch that and kerber have doctors at 9 so hopefully not a late one like halep the other night.

I haven't asked I presume the cross one would be to win the whole thing not to top the league.

I'd be shocked if this wasn't the case Chops lad.

Hoping for Garcia, Kerber, Pliskova and probably Osaka wins in the women's.

I'd win a hell of a lot of the Garcia one came of but doubt it will probably watch that and kerber have doctors at 9 so hopefully not a late one like halep the other night

Keys will take some beating playing like that pal.

Last edited:
That would be a massive shock but Berdych does seem to be in form. Would throw the draw wide open, particularly if Djoko doesn't turn thinga round here.
Set point for Chung. Djokovic serve has gone to pieces.

Edit. Taken it. It will be some come back from here.

Back