SMB driving experts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not disputing her behaviour was worse. I am saying that if I was in his position, faced with someone behaving like a loon, I would let them in and stay as far away from them as I could. I would de escalate it by letting her get on with it.

A fat chavvy looking prick tried something similar to me down Dame dot when there was some works on the bridge. it wasn't a merge in turn he just thought he would be a clever çunt and try and force his way in at the last minute. I didn't give in and it ended up with him offering me out. I accepted and when I hopped out of the car he shat himself and sped away into the barbary coast area. I like to think the terror he clearly felt (judging by the look on his pyatt) when a big horrible looking fucker started marching towards him wound his neck in a bit.

Don't give in to bullies, it only encourages their fuck wit behaviour..

A fat chavvy looking prick tried something similar to me down Dame dot when there was some works on the bridge. it wasn't a merge in turn he just thought he would be a clever çunt and try and force his way in at the last minute. I didn't give in and it ended up with him offering me out. I accepted and when I hopped out of the car he shat himself and sped away into the barbary coast area. I like to think the terror he clearly felt (judging by the look on his pyatt) when a big horrible looking fucker started marching towards him wound his neck in a bit.

I have no problem with you getting involved in all the arguments you want in your life, but not on the roads please. They're just dangerous and I have no reason whatsoever to think that encounter would make him drive any more sensibly in future.

Road safety is vastly more important than some principle of not giving in to bullies or whatever.

I have no problem with you getting involved in all the arguments you want in your life, but not on the roads please. They're just dangerous and I have no reason whatsoever to think that encounter would make him drive any more sensibly in future.

Road safety is vastly more important than some principle of not giving in to bullies or whatever.

Humbug, the traffic was at a standstill when I had my little moment of madness. It was perfectly safe for me to wring the neck of a f***ing idiot. Mind it was about 15/20 years ago and I've chilled a bit since then..

Humbug, the traffic was at a standstill when I had my little moment of madness. It was perfectly safe for me to wring the neck of a f***ing idiot. Mind it was about 15/20 years ago and I've chilled a bit since then..

It's not good. Even if the traffic is stationary, if two people got in a fight in front of me I would call the police. That would result in traffic delays. Traffic coming the other way will slow down/ be distracted by it, potentially causing a crash. People might get flustered and on edge and thus when the traffic restarts have less of their wits about them.

We all make mistakes etc. so not meaning to have a pop at you but no one will convince me that it is EVER sensible or safe for two people to get out their cars in traffic and square up to each other or whatever. Mind, it does produce some compelling liveleak/ YouTube viewing, so there we go.

It's not good. Even if the traffic is stationary, if two people got in a fight in front of me I would call the police. That would result in traffic delays. Traffic coming the other way will slow down/ be distracted by it, potentially causing a crash. People might get flustered and on edge and thus when the traffic restarts have less of their wits about them.

We all make mistakes etc. so not meaning to have a pop at you but no one will convince me that it is EVER sensible or safe for two people to get out their cars in traffic and square up to each other or whatever. Mind, it does produce some compelling liveleak/ YouTube viewing, so there we go.
Aye. Cos we'll all be quivering wrecks after seeing two blokes squaring up to each other

had the same thing happen to me in Gallaries car park offered out by some skinny little chav as soon as i got out of the car he shit himself, me being nearly 6 foot and 20 stone skinhead (bald actually) and no i do not consider myself to be a hard bastard either but i will stand my ground

I'm not disputing her behaviour was worse. I am saying that if I was in his position, faced with someone behaving like a loon, I would let them in and stay as far away from them as I could. I would de escalate it by letting her get on with it.
What if it was Short driving the other car? ;)

It would have been infinitely better for her to wait till it was safe to do so. It matters not how annoyed you are, it matters not how anyone else on that road is driving. You have to wait till it's safe before you do anything. Piling through cones to prove a point is f***ing lunacy. She should, at the very least, lose her licence as her actions had the potential to cause serious injury or worse to someone working on that highway.

I severely doubt that.

I wouldn't be so sure mate, i my experience Insurers take the easy way out. A couple of years ago I was driving towards Shields at Tyne Dock and a woman deliberately drove into the side of me on the roundabout (sure it was one of those scams). At the scene she admitted it was her fault but as soon as she got home she claimed it was my fault as I shouldn't have been going straight on in the lane I was in (she said the left hand lane was for turning left up Commercial Road only, despite the fact there is a dedicated spur lane for this). My insurance company wanted to go 50/50 as they said it would be impossible to prove she was at fault, I told them that if they did that I would take them to court. In the end they backed me and she lost. The diagram is below (I'm the blue car).

Logon or register to see this image

I wouldn't be so sure mate, i my experience Insurers take the easy way out. A couple of years ago I was driving towards Shields at Tyne Dock and a woman deliberately drove into the side of me on the roundabout (sure it was one of those scams). At the scene she admitted it was her fault but as soon as she got home she claimed it was my fault as I shouldn't have been going straight on in the lane I was in (she said the left hand lane was for turning left up Commercial Road only, despite the fact there is a dedicated spur lane for this). My insurance company wanted to go 50/50 as they said it would be impossible to prove she was at fault, I told them that if they did that I would take them to court. In the end they backed me and she lost. The diagram is below (I'm the blue car).

my wife had the same experience nearly 3 years ago. he was in a taxi and drove into the rear of the car the wife was driving, whilst stationary. he admitted it and said take it to any garage and he would pay. wife and her sister went to hospital with minor whiplash. phoned him up and told him. he went off it and refused to co-operate, so we went through the insurance. he gave a different version of events and it was to be treated as a knock for knock. I done an investigation. the junction where it happened was downhill, so the wife would of had to put the car into reverse gear. he never surrendered his cctv and eventually his insurance company told him, he was accepting the blame as he kept changing his story after every submission we made. It took nearly a year to sort out.

my wife had the same experience nearly 3 years ago. he was in a taxi and drove into the rear of the car the wife was driving, whilst stationary. he admitted it and said take it to any garage and he would pay. wife and her sister went to hospital with minor whiplash. phoned him up and told him. he went off it and refused to co-operate, so we went through the insurance. he gave a different version of events and it was to be treated as a knock for knock. I done an investigation. the junction where it happened was downhill, so the wife would of had to put the car into reverse gear. he never surrendered his cctv and eventually his insurance company told him, he was accepting the blame as he kept changing his story after every submission we made. It took nearly a year to sort out.

I'll never understand that type of mentality. I've been in one accident and it was my fault, held my hands up at the side of the road and did the same with my insurers.

Obviously my insurance increased and I lost my no claims but it was my fault so that was the cost due to it.

I couldn't be bothered with chewing on like that.

Mine took about that long as well, my insurance nearly doubled as there was an outstanding claim (though I eventually got that credited back). Her insurance called me on the night of the crash and I emailed them photos of the junction. They immediately admitted liability and got me a replacement car (an Audi A7!), but she went to one of them "no win, no fee" companies to claim for whiplash for her and her mate.

Mine took about that long as well, my insurance nearly doubled as there was an outstanding claim (though I eventually got that credited back). Her insurance called me on the night of the crash and I emailed them photos of the junction. They immediately admitted liability and got me a replacement car (an Audi A7!), but she went to one of them "no win, no fee" companies to claim for whiplash for her and her mate.

ah the sign of dollar bills. at least now she will be on the database for making false claim

I don't understand from that diagram because to me it looks like she would have right of way as she's the one on the roundabout? What am I missing?

I'm not familiar with that road if I'm honest, but from that drawing it looks as if you should have given way to the yellow car on your right that was already on the roundabout?

I'm not familiar with that road if I'm honest, but from that drawing it looks as if you should have given way to the yellow car on your right that was already on the roundabout?

She was on the roundabout and going straight on (no indicators) - at the last moment when she saw I had moved out she accelerated and took a sharp right straight into the side of me. Two witnesses ran over, one bloke said he's never seen anyone do a driving manoeuvre like that, it was totally un-natural and obviously deliberate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back