Smart meter advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

In case it comes to life and kills you in the night?
That would be one reason maybe :lol: but I'm not having one because I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions about how to control my energy usage.

Smart meters are a brilliant marketing trick by whoever it was invented a gadget and then found/sold the idea to the energy gaffers. They're really not necessary at all.

That would be one reason maybe :lol: but I'm not having one because I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions about how to control my energy usage.

Smart meters are a brilliant marketing trick by whoever it was invented a gadget and then found/sold the idea to the energy gaffers. They're really not necessary at all.
I’m to lazy to read a meter and I don’t answer my door so they’re ideal for me

Fair enough. Thats the whole point of them really - to make savings for the energy firms by doing away with meter readers - I just wish they wouldn't dress it up otherwise.
It’s a government thing not the energy firms. They wouldn’t be fitting them if they didn’t have to it’s costing them far more than the salary of meter fitters.

Just got the Leccy one fitted today.

Went up to 33p an hour usage at one point.. About to go to bed and it's down to 9p an hour.. Dishwasher and tumbler yer on will be fun
got mine yesterday for electric and I was intrigued.. was tickling over at about 16-17p per hour and this morning is was ticking over at 11p and hour.
put an electric radiator on to see how it chnaged and it jumped to 29p an hour..

Makes me think how people don't understand how electricity charging works. You pay about 20-30p per kWh

A fan heater is 2Kw. So on full blast, it will use ~50p per hour. Its really that simple

Why are the government pushing this? Is it really that important? Why are they bothering that the population get the most accurate bills? What other benefits are there of installing these?
It was one of the plans alongside insulation and low energy bulbs to get CO2 emissions down to meet the various legal requirements we are signed up to.

Problem is, they've been rushed out too soon AT OUR COST, and then they'll need to be replaced in a year or 2, AT OUR COST AGAIN

Basically, wasting 10 years' worth of potential savings from the idea. Morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back