Slowdive tonight @ NX

I have never listened to GLOK but he uses a SH-101 apparently so might give it a whirl.

To be fair, you also like Beady Eye.
Tbf I don't. I do like the odd track mind. You like Empire. A horrendous record (the title track in particular is utterly hideous). Each to their own marra.

They've been opening with it so far this tour.

Came on to post this thread. Good to see plenty of SMBers with taste. Looking forward to it.
Taste :cool:

The opener was the highlight for me. Great band but I think they struggle to reach the highs of the studio when on stage. No bad thing mind. The Beatles were at their best in the studio.

Taste :cool:

The opener was the highlight for me. Great band but I think they struggle to reach the highs of the studio when on stage. No bad thing mind. The Beatles were at their best in the studio.

I was actually impressed at how "big" a sound they were able to make on stage. Harder to recreate the cleaner stuff of the newer albums but they did the older stuff brilliantly.

I was actually impressed at how "big" a sound they were able to make on stage. Harder to recreate the cleaner stuff of the newer albums but they did the older stuff brilliantly.
Sounded massive. So big you couldnt pick out the finer and more beautiful intricacies of the record. Great gig.

sounds like they would be great to listen to under the influence of psychedelics

They are. Been absolutely fucked listening to them and my skull almost peeled off.
This, with headphones on. f***ing unbelievable.

Last edited:
Thought Slowdive were great. Great to hear Souvlaki Space Station. Was strange to think so many there weren't born when I last saw Slowdive. Couldn't see a thing for When The Sun Hits with all the young ones holding phones up to film it. It's great that this band have crossed a generation but wish they'd watch the gig instead of their phones.
I was testing out wearing earplugs during the support band. Had heard good things about them but I was bored stiff so kept the earplugs in. Took them out for Slowdive after their first song. I haven't been over keen on the latest album but plan to listen again tomorrow. It came across well tonight but the old songs can't really be beaten for all the memories and feelings they bring back.

I have never listened to GLOK but he uses a SH-101 apparently so might give it a whirl.

To be fair, you also like Beady Eye.
SH-101 were utter shite back in the day, I used to have a Roland SH-1, a rare beast that we hated due to the lack of polyphony. Think we swapped it for a Casio CZ101 or something ridiculous. Worth a bloody fortune now

Tbf I don't. I do like the odd track mind. You like Empire. A horrendous record (the title track in particular is utterly hideous). Each to their own marra.
‘Empire’ is great. Anyway even though I love you I can’t take the views of anyone who professes a liking for LG’s post-Oasis output seriously.
SH-101 were utter shite back in the day, I used to have a Roland SH-1, a rare beast that we hated due to the lack of polyphony. Think we swapped it for a Casio CZ101 or something ridiculous. Worth a bloody fortune now
SH-101s are fantastic. I also had a CZ101.

‘Empire’ is great. Anyway even though I love you I can’t take the views of anyone who professes a liking for LG’s post-Oasis output seriously.

SH-101s are fantastic. I also had a CZ101.
We'll have to disagree. They have a massive cult status now but weren't a patch on the SH1 (which was cack as well really)

Had a Jen SX1000 back in the day. Their reputation has improved a bit since they stopped production.

I wonder how long it'll be before all the 80s FM type synths come back into fashion.

Just looking at the set list it was pretty much perfect

It's been pretty much the same this tour, probably due to the drummer situation. Works brilliantly. Didn't play me favourite ever Slowdive song but don't think they ever do because it's 10 minutes long :lol:

Back