Slowdive tonight @ NX

Fingers crossed they open with Shanty. The build up and static before it then fully kicks in :cool:
Aye that’s one of my favourites on the new record, gone down a bit of an electric route with that one.

I’ll be waiting on Crazy for You, very simple song but I love it. In fact I’ll be waiting on all their songs, I absolutely love them.

Aye that’s one of my favourites on the new record, gone down a bit of an electric route with that one.

I’ll be waiting on Crazy for You, very simple song but I love it. In fact I’ll be waiting on all their songs, I absolutely love them.
Lets be honest, only a fool wouldn't love them mate.

Nope, they’re bigger than they’ve ever been currently. Whole tour is sold out.

Haha they are in

Read they were slaughtered in the 90s music press in favour of grunge (for blokes who smell of shit) and for Brit pop. Very unfair that.
I am old enough to remember all that shoegazing garbage the first time around. The only reason anyone gave this group a second glance is because they had a vaguely attractive female member.

I am old enough to remember all that shoegazing garbage the first time around. The only reason anyone gave this group a second glance is because they had a vaguely attractive female member.
Seeing this thread has reminded of Chapterhouse and Ride being in the NME back then, I think a fair few shoegaze bands were from the Thames Valley area.

The only thing I remember about MBV without looking is that "Loveless" nearly bankrupted Creation Records.

Seeing this thread has reminded of Chapterhouse and Ride being in the NME back then, I think a fair few shoegaze bands were from the Thames Valley area.

The only thing I remember about MBV without looking is that "Loveless" nearly bankrupted Creation Records.
'Loveless' is the only thing lumped in with that whole scene that was any good.
I can remember my mate's dad trying to persuade me that Ride were good but I wasn't having it.

'Loveless' is the only thing lumped in with that whole scene that was any good.
I can remember my mate's dad trying to persuade me that Ride were good but I wasn't having it.
They weren't my cuppa either although they had a fantastic deal for an indie band IIRC. They signed to Sire Records worldwide excluding the UK for an advance of $350,000 per album, then licenced their records here to Creation so I assume they earned good coin compared to other bands of the time selling similar amounts of albums.
Andy Bell’s GLOK are canny
He founded the gunmaker? :eek: Amazing what a few years in Oasis will lead a bloke to do :lol:

Last edited:

Back