Slow Cooker 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm totally paranoid! I worry anyway when I leave her :oops:
she a paranoid retriever? i had one, she brought back everything because shes not sure what I threw for her, crap dogs tbh
so i bought another dog , i called him Stay. It's canny funny to call him. "Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!" takes him 30 mins to cross the front room, he went insane in the end like , now he just ignores me and keeps typing. He's an East German Shepherd

Last edited by a moderator:
Susie. She stands beside Hattie the halogen and Julie the juicer. I wish this wasn't true. Snorting.

At my old place, we'd named a couple of things in the office. Mainly because it's easier to get annoyed with something if it has a name.

At my old place, we'd named a couple of things in the office. Mainly because it's easier to get annoyed with something if it has a name.
It all started with my kids naming house plants, I have a Francesca, Bart,Shelley, Harriet and a Lorraine. Then it went on to those stuffed veg toys from ikea, kev and Keith the carrots etc. I can't remember the name of the broccoli unfortunately and it makes me feel bad! Bonkers.

It all started with my kids naming house plants, I have a Francesca, Bart,Shelley, Harriet and a Lorraine. Then it went on to those stuffed veg toys from ikea, kev and Keith the carrots etc. I can't remember the name of the broccoli unfortunately and it makes me feel bad! Bonkers.

Call it Dave. When all else fails, "Dave".

Had a honey chicken with peppers & onions thing last night in the Instant Pot. Tremendous.

Starting to get the hang about how long to cook and how much fluid to use. Its doesnt loose water like a slow cooker, so you have to add far less liquids. And we've noticed how much nicer chicken is if its not overcooked. Of course, hard to know when it is cooked when its inside a sealed container.
Also, the saute function before you start helps to brown things off as you add them.

I'm fully converted - slow cookers have been surpassed!

Had a honey chicken with peppers & onions thing last night in the Instant Pot. Tremendous.

Starting to get the hang about how long to cook and how much fluid to use. Its doesnt loose water like a slow cooker, so you have to add far less liquids. And we've noticed how much nicer chicken is if its not overcooked. Of course, hard to know when it is cooked when its inside a sealed container.
Also, the saute function before you start helps to brown things off as you add them.

I'm fully converted - slow cookers have been surpassed!
Agreed.

this is the list of ingredients :)

• About 1.5kg shin of beef, on or off the bone, cut into 2cm-thick slices
  • • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • • 2 thumb-sized pieces of root ginger, peeled and sliced as thick as 10p pieces
  • • 1 Hungarian hot wax chilli and 1 jalapeno chilli (or any 2 medium-hot fresh or dried chillies) deseeded and sliced
  • • 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • • 3 tbsp redcurrant jelly
  • • 2 tbsp cider vinegar
  • • about 500ml unsweetened apple juice
  • • 150ml soy sauce
I shall give this a go at the weekend, sounds lush. How does shin compare pricewise out of interest, to regular diced casserole type bee (bout 10-12£ a kilo i think).

Have you got a recipe for it?

500g Beef (I get it goulash ready at the butchers)
Couple of handfuls of potatoes - peeled and halved/quartered depending on size
Tin of tomatoes
4 large onions quartered
6 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of goulash paste (tomato paste will work)
1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
As much chilli as you fancy
500ml cold water

Brown the beef then hoy everything in the slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours

500g Beef (I get it goulash ready at the butchers)
Couple of handfuls of potatoes - peeled and halved/quartered depending on size
Tin of tomatoes
4 large onions quartered
6 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of goulash paste (tomato paste will work)
1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
As much chilli as you fancy
500ml cold water

Brown the beef then hoy everything in the slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours
Actually, I think you've posted this before cos I remember you mentioning the goulash paste, which I'm gonna have to get. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back