Slow Cooker 2017

Link is wrong for some reason.

https://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/shin-of-beef-with-ginger-and-soy

Looks like i might have to try it though :)

this is the list of ingredients :)

• About 1.5kg shin of beef, on or off the bone, cut into 2cm-thick slices
  • • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • • 2 thumb-sized pieces of root ginger, peeled and sliced as thick as 10p pieces
  • • 1 Hungarian hot wax chilli and 1 jalapeno chilli (or any 2 medium-hot fresh or dried chillies) deseeded and sliced
  • • 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • • 3 tbsp redcurrant jelly
  • • 2 tbsp cider vinegar
  • • about 500ml unsweetened apple juice
  • • 150ml soy sauce

Bought an instant pot on Amazon prime day. Still getting used to it, but it seems to be like a slow cooker on steroids.

Made a proper broth in under an hour the other day - from scratch to cooked. Takes all day in the slow cooker.

Bought an instant pot on Amazon prime day. Still getting used to it, but it seems to be like a slow cooker on steroids.

Made a proper broth in under an hour the other day - from scratch to cooked. Takes all day in the slow cooker.
That sounds interesting, I'm looking it up. I have a slow cooker but can't leave it on when I'm at work in case it blows up. Which I'm sure it won't. But I worry that it will and then the dog can't get out. I don't have her in the slow cooker by the way! Sounds like I'm cooking her! Oh dear this post has gone to shit!

So an instant pot sounds canny.

Last edited:
That sounds interesting, I'm looking it up. I have a slow cooker but can't leave it on when I'm at work in case it blows up. Which I'm sure it won't. But I worry that it will and then the dog can't get out. I don't have her in the slow cooker by the way! Sounds like I'm cooking her! Oh dear this post has gone to shit!

best use of a slowcooker is when you take the dog for a day long ramble and come back to a beautiful stew anyway, but you are paranoid too :)

use our all the time , one slow cooker was given away and just keeping the other for backup - love the IP

Back