Slipped Disc in back

houst69

Striker
it’s fucked, anybody have any tips on easing the pain, for instance pain relief belts or summit similar that actually works?

All I know is that it's a great excuse to score some medical marijuana.

it’s fucked, anybody have any tips on easing the pain, for instance pain relief belts or summit similar that actually works?

I feel for you I really do.
At the beginning I was on 8 painkillers a day.
Took me 14 months and I am back to normal with no pain whatsoever. Two years now.

Physio got me sorted at the end but I have to confess after 6 months I was on a mountain bike cycling 4 miles every 3 days on a road in a low gear. To this day I am convinced that helped the recovery.
Don’t rush it but you will get better. Some dark days and pain.

I have L3 and L5 prolapsed. Initially, the pain was horrendous down my legs, feeling like a hamstring. With physio and manipulation the pain eased and I could walk and sit.
I'm the long term I was told to stop running, don't lift weights or do sit ups. Gradually I reintroduced all of these, working on my core muscles. I still occasionally get pain but the core work supports my back and I have minimal pain, just be careful.

I have L3 and L5 prolapsed. Initially, the pain was horrendous down my legs, feeling like a hamstring. With physio and manipulation the pain eased and I could walk and sit.
I'm the long term I was told to stop running, don't lift weights or do sit ups. Gradually I reintroduced all of these, working on my core muscles. I still occasionally get pain but the core work supports my back and I have minimal pain, just be careful.

Think I have L2 with root nerve impingement in my right leg

I’ve had 2 decompression surgeries and the only thing that eases my pain is weight loss
My back knows when I’ve put a stone on so I try not too.
Drink lots of water, move about as much as you can as in most of these things they do settle with time.
Core strength helps with swimming being the best. Lying in the water floating but holding the steps in the pool face down and make yourself as long as you can get feels lovely ( until you get out of the water)

I have a disc bulge in my lower back, been to physio a few times in the last 12 months and they gave me different exercises to do, which if I am honest, have seemed to make it worse. Next step was a 3 day back education course which I am pretty sure will be pointless. I find that moving around regularly helps a bit. Would anyone recommend a Chiropractor? Only 25 and don't want this for the rest of me life.

Back