Slipped Disc in back

I have a disc bulge in my lower back, been to physio a few times in the last 12 months and they gave me different exercises to do, which if I am honest, have seemed to make it worse. Next step was a 3 day back education course which I am pretty sure will be pointless. I find that moving around regularly helps a bit. Would anyone recommend a Chiropractor? Only 25 and don't want this for the rest of me life.

I wouldn’t. I saw one when I had my back problem who said that the pain in my lower back was caused by stress in my shoulders and neck and proceeded to crack the fuck out of my back.

Turned out I had 4 prolapsed discs in my lower spine which needed surgery and physio to fix.

I wouldn’t. I saw one when I had my back problem who said that the pain in my lower back was caused by stress in my shoulders and neck and proceeded to crack the fuck out of my back.

Turned out I had 4 prolapsed discs in my lower spine which needed surgery and physio to fix.

Thing is, I want the problem resolved. It affects my work (office job), and also affects my ability when at the gym, not the mention the constant feeling of needing to stretch my lower back, it's just uncomfortable tbh, not painful. The exercises haven't worked, I can't imagine the back course would help as I am pretty clued up with things I would expect them to cover on there I.E sitting straight, exercise etc. Bearing mind there have been no X-rays or anything like that, what would you recommend? Physio where I am is pretty slow moving, 6-8 weeks for an appointment etc.

Thing is, I want the problem resolved. It affects my work (office job), and also affects my ability when at the gym, not the mention the constant feeling of needing to stretch my lower back, it's just uncomfortable tbh, not painful. The exercises haven't worked, I can't imagine the back course would help as I am pretty clued up with things I would expect them to cover on there I.E sitting straight, exercise etc. Bearing mind there have been no X-rays or anything like that, what would you recommend? Physio where I am is pretty slow moving, 6-8 weeks for an appointment etc.
Really focus on strengthening your core mate, a strong core will support your back. I’ve a prolapsed L4/L5, Pilates has been massively helpful for me.

Really focus on strengthening your core mate, a strong core will support your back. I’ve a prolapsed L4/L5, Pilates has been massively helpful for me.

What are the best ways to strengthen the core? I'm slightly overweight If I'm honest at 15st 8lbs and 6ft 4" but can't imagine that being a major issue, I was 19st when the injury occured at the gym 3 years ago.

What are the best ways to strengthen the core? I'm slightly overweight If I'm honest at 15st 8lbs and 6ft 4" but can't imagine that being a major issue, I was 19st when the injury occured at the gym 3 years ago.
Google “Pilates core” and “transverse abdominus exercises”, there tons of stuff. The TA is a crucial muscle in stabilising your lower back. It’s not about doing tons of sit ups (often a bad exercise for people with lower back issues), all about strengthening the internal stabilisers, which can get really fucked, especially when you’re desk bound with work.

The only thing that’ll show up whether it’s a slipped disc or something else is an MRI unfortunately.

L5 for me.
Years of weight training finally caught up with me.
Always fit and carry little weight.
Now it’s dog walking only and no weights. I am lucky I don’t put on weight.
Always active.

Back