Slagging off Brummie accents is now a hate crime

Scouse is the worst, I can't watch anything on the telly with scousers in (God knows how I used to watch Brookside years back). Brum is second worst by a mile though.

Accents will become rapidly more diluted amongst the young and infiltrated with Americanisations and Youtube chat. Accents will end up being an old person thing, and ridicule will be fair game because the Woke hate the old and traditional.

Walsall is even worse. Fuck me I want to die inside when I hear them fuckers tapping on šŸ¤¢
I lived in Aldridge, then Walsall (Warsaw) for the first few years I moved to the midlands. Cracking accent. Theyā€™re the only people I know who can make foyve syllables out of the phrase ā€œdown the roadā€.

And when you phone the doctors and get the automated message saying to ā€œdoyal noyen noyen noyenā€ in an emergency.

I don't mind any of our regional accents. For a very small country to have so many it must be some sort of a record .

It will be tragic when they are all lost which I suppose they inevitably will be given a couple of hundred years. I would be awful if people began to talk in a monotone like those horrible AI machines. HAL the computer in the movie 2001 isn't too far away

The process is happening right now. Estuary English and London ā€˜Urbanā€™ dialects taking over the South East and M4 corridor.

Leeds to Manchester along the M62 pretty much morphing into one dialect.

Itā€™s sad.

I lived in Aldridge, then Walsall (Warsaw) for the first few years I moved to the midlands. Cracking accent. Theyā€™re the only people I know who can make foyve syllables out of the phrase ā€œdown the roadā€.

And when you phone the doctors and get the automated message saying to ā€œdoyal noyen noyen noyenā€ in an emergency.
Thatā€™s what pisses me off the most the way they say number five. It gets me irrationally angry like šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Back