Sky TV

Turned off the TV many years ago now, total shite most of it and I couldn't be arsed to sit through all that crap to watch one decent programme every now and then, don't miss it at all.

It's all pumped into nowTV which is a rip off as well. £7.99 for the entertainment package, but they only show certain shows or limited seasons. (GoT as an example - all seasons streaming now, but only had season 7 for the last year. Westworld S2 has just been added).

Nobody pays £7.99 for now tv. Always discounts around. Or when you cancel they offer it for a coupe of quid.

The quality of sports coverage of golf, cricket and football is simply superb.
This is it for me and the main reason I still subscribe, add in their coverage of F1 and rugby union (what little of the latter they have left) and there is no competition in terms of quality.

Since upgrading to Sky Q I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality and choice of the on demand content, especially with Netflix thrown in as well, some great bonus value.

I watch the footy, cricket, rugby and the news. I have Virgin but that is because where I live is not good for Sky reception.

It's all pumped into nowTV which is a rip off as well. £7.99 for the entertainment package, but they only show certain shows or limited seasons. (GoT as an example - all seasons streaming now, but only had season 7 for the last year. Westworld S2 has just been added).

£23.99 broadband, line rental and entertainment pack. Not a rip off in my opinion.

This is it for me and the main reason I still subscribe, add in their coverage of F1 and rugby union (what little of the latter they have left) and there is no competition in terms of quality.

Since upgrading to Sky Q I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality and choice of the on demand content, especially with Netflix thrown in as well, some great bonus value.

I always find it quite ironic that people complain about paying for sky for a full month and all the hours and hours of quality sport that’s on during the month.

Yet pay roughly the same for just a total of 180 mins live football ( 2 Sunderland home games!!)

I know what I think is better value :D

Last edited:
Don't really watch much telly and I'd probably sack it off if I was on my own but the Mrs and bairn get more than our moneys worth from it. IPTV is good in addition but it's not the replacement people make it out to be.

We got Sky Movies free for a year when we tried to ditch Virgin, what a complete piece of crap who would pay for it.
Watched Dead Pool and Ferris Buellers Day Off in four months!!

I always find it quite ironic that people complain about paying for sky for a full month and all the hours and hours of quality sport that’s on during the month.

Yet pay roughly the same for just a total of 180 mins live football ( 2 Sunderland home games!!)

I know what I think is better value :D
20 quid a week and I get the full shebang...love it and to me fantastic value.

Not sure why people get upset about it.....like because they don’t like it how dare you be happy to pay what you pay.:)

Sky is way over priced for what it is. Their rubbish internet and losing the Spanish footy was the final straw for us. We got rid and moved to BT. Much faster internet and BT sport for £25 cheaper a month. Use my parents virgin log in to watch sky sports on the ipad/laptop. Sorted.

Back