Sky prob

literally today I’ve had the worst time with these: general rundown on the problem:

- took a new contract out in November for internet and phone (moved over from BT but already had sky tv)
- all set up fine and the guy said the first bill of £110 would come out 10th January as it’d be 2 bills in one. Fair enough I’ve had this before with them.
-direct debit bounced in January so I got in touch to find out why as my tv got cut off
-23rd Jan: guy on the phone tells me the first months bill is actually £220 not £110 which I was originally told (he said that 110 was for everything, now there saying 110 was just the tv)
- I pay off 110 as I couldn’t afford at the time to pay the full 220
-this months bill is now 192 and I’ve got another 70 being added on March 1st, they’ve cut all the services off and refused to accept any responsibility that they told me £110 originally, basically I’ve spoken to 6 different people today who have told me different things.
- THEN to top that all off they told me in December I didn’t need to get in touch with BT as they’d take over the line, turns out another line has been fitted and BT have sent a bill for 160 quid and said they’re turning my services off (I haven’t used any services as I was using the sky one, they said they haven’t been told) luckily BT said they can see I haven’t used any services but said sky hadn’t been in touch at all, the guy from complaints at sky said “well we probably would have told them” PROBABLY.

So long story short I apparently owe out over 300 quid to 2 companies and I’m genuinely stressed about it. Sky won’t take any fault at all and the people on the phone were so un helpful, the Lad from the complaints bit was the more un helpful and said AND I QUOTE “well basically you’ve got to pay the full amount and deal with it”

2 people said calls aren’t recorded and another said they were.

If anyone could give some advice on what I could do (yes I know the amount needs to be paid and it will be I can’t fork out over 300 quid in one pop)

Bypass the numpties who don't have a clue

ALWAYS use ceoemail.com when you have issues like this and email the CEO. They usually wont respond themselves (some do!) but their executive team will always deal with it.

Stuff always gets sorted this way.

Good luck!

THEN to top that all off they told me in December I didn’t need to get in touch with BT as they’d take over the line, turns out another line has been fitted and BT have sent a bill for 160 quid and said they’re turning my services off (I haven’t used any services as I was using the sky one, they said they haven’t been told) luckily BT said they can see I haven’t used any services but said sky hadn’t been in touch at all, the guy from complaints at sky said “well we probably would have told them” PROBABLY.

Do you have two physical telephone lines in your house now?

Reading it though she hasnt she's signed up for an affordable 55 sovs a month which sky were going to take a one off two months payment totalling 110.

I think you might be reading it wrong, otherwise why was she billed £220?

ALWAYS use ceoemail.com when you have issues like this and email the CEO. They usually wont respond themselves (some do!) but their executive team will always deal with it.

I remember when the CEO of BT used to reply himself, he was spot on, remember getting an email at about 10pm from his mobile, problem solved in the morning.

Do you have two physical telephone lines in your house now?

I think you might be reading it wrong, otherwise why was she billed £220?
Because some numptie will have bolloxed it up. Written it as the 110 was the actaul monthly payment rather than the double, so the 110 has been doubled instead.
Haway man i know sky can be a dear do but 110 a month?

You reckon? I reckon if you can afford to pay about £1300 per year on Sky then paying 2/12ths of it up front shouldn't make too much difference. She's still paying the same amount over the year, just front loaded, as should have been explained at the time.

Love mocking people over money you

Love mocking people over money you

Not mocking anyone mate, she's probably considerably more wealthy than me. I don't spend £110pm on Sky though.

Because some numptie will have bolloxed it up. Written it as the 110 was the actaul monthly payment rather than the double, so the 110 has been doubled instead.
Haway man i know sky can be a dear do but 110 a month?

Doubt it, it's easy to spend £110 on Sky. She can confirm by logging into mysky and checking the monthly payments. Fibre Internet alone is about £38 iirc.

You reckon? I reckon if you can afford to pay about £1300 per year on Sky then paying 2/12ths of it up front shouldn't make too much difference. She's still paying the same amount over the year, just front loaded, as should have been explained at the time.
Which bit of her being told it was £110 which she decided she could afford and then being asked for £220 which she couldn't afford are you having difficulty with?

Not mocking anyone mate, she's probably considerably more wealthy than me. I don't spend £110pm on Sky though.

Doubt it, it's easy to spend £110 on Sky. She can confirm by logging into mysky and checking the monthly payments. Fibre Internet alone is about £38 iirc.
Jesus seriously? Thank fuck i've never been a sheep then.

Firstly £110 for Sky man woman man and you can't even afford a £220 bill?

Pay up what you owe, if you owe it, if you don't owe it, ask them for a breakdown. With Sky you pay in advance, so if you don't pay anything for a month, you'll be paying for two months at once, it's all explained in the T&Cs and all bills are available online in advance of payment being taken.
I'd imagine a fair amount of people would be able to budget for something and then struggle to pay if that bill was suddenly doubled without warning like.

Pay up what you owe, if you owe it, if you don't owe it, ask them for a breakdown. With Sky you pay in advance, so if you don't pay anything for a month, you'll be paying for two months at once, it's all explained in the T&Cs and all bills are available online in advance of payment being taken.

First of all, I was TOLD BY SKY the bill was 110, 2 bills in advance, I had the money in the account, I told them I wanted paper bills which they said wasn’t a problem, I didn’t know the bill was 220 until the service was cut off, I couldn’t afford the 220 they were asking so agreed to pay the 110 then clear the rest the next month, in that time another 110 was added and I got a bill from BT for another 160 which sky said they’d sort, they didn’t, they added another phone line in so I’m paying for 2 internets.

110 quid a month for tv internet and phone, I get the least phone, the medium internet and don’t get sky sports, are you saying that’s a normal amount to pay for a month of sky?

how come as a new punter its £110.. must include everthing under the sun and no discount ?
No sports, no movies.

First of all, I was TOLD BY SKY the bill was 110, 2 bills in advance, I had the money in the account, I told them I wanted paper bills which they said wasn’t a problem, I didn’t know the bill was 220 until the service was cut off, I couldn’t afford the 220 they were asking so agreed to pay the 110 then clear the rest the next month, in that time another 110 was added and I got a bill from BT for another 160 which sky said they’d sort, they didn’t, they added another phone line in so I’m paying for 2 internets.

110 quid a month for tv internet and phone, I get the least phone, the medium internet and don’t get sky sports, are you saying that’s a normal amount to pay for a month of sky?

No sports, no movies.

I pay £110 with BT... I get tv with Bt sports, infinity 2 and land line but that also includes 4 sims with a total of 40gb data, unlinited callsm texts etc.

you should be able to get a better deal than that especially as a new joiner

No sports, no movies.

That's ridiculously high for a new joiner. I joined sky in August, got sky q with sports, broadband and phone line for £40pm

And when I joined they said it would be 56 quid a month btw, that 110 was 2 bills at once

I haven’t explained this well but when I joined I was told it’d be 56pm, the 110 was 2 months bill at once (a month up front) then Feb would be 56

I found out yesterday that that 110 was for the tv alone and the internet and phone wouldn’t generate and the other 110 was 2 internet and phone bills at once

No sports, no movies.

Should be half that for sky tbh

literally today I’ve had the worst time with these: general rundown on the problem:

- took a new contract out in November for internet and phone (moved over from BT but already had sky tv)
- all set up fine and the guy said the first bill of £110 would come out 10th January as it’d be 2 bills in one. Fair enough I’ve had this before with them.
-direct debit bounced in January so I got in touch to find out why as my tv got cut off
-23rd Jan: guy on the phone tells me the first months bill is actually £220 not £110 which I was originally told (he said that 110 was for everything, now there saying 110 was just the tv)
- I pay off 110 as I couldn’t afford at the time to pay the full 220
-this months bill is now 192 and I’ve got another 70 being added on March 1st, they’ve cut all the services off and refused to accept any responsibility that they told me £110 originally, basically I’ve spoken to 6 different people today who have told me different things.
- THEN to top that all off they told me in December I didn’t need to get in touch with BT as they’d take over the line, turns out another line has been fitted and BT have sent a bill for 160 quid and said they’re turning my services off (I haven’t used any services as I was using the sky one, they said they haven’t been told) luckily BT said they can see I haven’t used any services but said sky hadn’t been in touch at all, the guy from complaints at sky said “well we probably would have told them” PROBABLY.

So long story short I apparently owe out over 300 quid to 2 companies and I’m genuinely stressed about it. Sky won’t take any fault at all and the people on the phone were so un helpful, the Lad from the complaints bit was the more un helpful and said AND I QUOTE “well basically you’ve got to pay the full amount and deal with it”

2 people said calls aren’t recorded and another said they were.

If anyone could give some advice on what I could do (yes I know the amount needs to be paid and it will be I can’t fork out over 300 quid in one pop)

Write them a letter telling them that you're stopping the direcd debit, terminatint the agreement and, unless they reimburse you, taking them to small claims court

Apols for SwiftKey nonnonsen

Aye, that's the standard price for Sky Fibre (not max) line rental, TV with everything except Sports with multi-room.

Am I right in thinking you were already with Sky for the TV? If so, there's no reason they should bill you for the TV part twice as you'll have already been paying that up-front. The most your phone/broadband should be is £38.99 per month, so your bill should have been at most

£38.99 x 2 then so £77.98 + existing TV (how much were you paying for TV before you moved to Sky for broadband/phone)? Is it possible the original large bill was because of the erroneous new phone line install charge?

Can you log onto MySky - that should give you a proper breakdown.

I haven’t explained this well but when I joined I was told it’d be 56pm, the 110 was 2 months bill at once (a month up front) then Feb would be 56

I found out yesterday that that 110 was for the tv alone and the internet and phone wouldn’t generate and the other 110 was 2 internet and phone bills at once

None of this adds up really. If you log onto mysky, you'll see a full breakdown on there.

No sports, no movies.

In that case there's no way you should be paying £110 per month so something is definitely wrong.

Apologies for misunderstanding your initial post. If you were told you'd be paying £56 per month in total and they billed you £210 instead, then it's understandable you might not have he money ready to pay four times the amount.

Last edited:

Back