SKP

I'd do it. He's got more than 10 years experience as a coach and manager now. How much do you need? Coached in the prem at Leicester. Crowd would support him. Do it now and you don't know, maybe, just maybe, he keeps the job for the next 15 years. Id rather give him it now at 50 years old then wait another 10 and appoint him when he's approaching the end of his career.

4 points off the relegation spots when he took over Hartlepool

Now 6 points off the playoffs in good form

Would you take him? Did a good job at Shields anarl
You can’t count the Ebbsfleet game - he wasn’t announced until that day and hadn’t been involved in any capacity. So he’s been in charge for 7 games - won 4, drawn 1, lost 2. Taken a team from 7 points above relegation / 7 points from playoffs to 9 points above relegation/ 6 points from playoffs. It’s hardly earth shattering enough for fans of a big Championship club to be suggesting him.

May as well suggest the new Ebbsfleet boss Danny Searle. He’s been in charge for 5 games - won 3, drawn 2 (including stopping Chesterfield’s 14 match league winning sequence at home). He’s taken a team from in the relegation zone to 3 points clear of it. He’s also 5 years younger, has managed in multiple countries, and has higher UEFA coaching qualifications.

What about Phil Brown - won 5, drawn 1, lost 1 - taken a team that was dead and buried in last to one win from safety.

I’m not advocating that we consider Danny Searle or Phil Brown for the job by the way, just highlighting how ridiculous it is to consider Kevin Phillips based on what he’s done in his managerial / coaching career.

What clubs has Dodds coached or managed?
Top levels of football, he’s the only one with any experience of being the head at any team.

Phillips has more of a coaching record at Derby and others so I’d say him for top level coaching, Dodds for managing

Why is it that when a manager does ok at lower level we should be bringing them in? Should we take Parkinson back?
I hadn’t realised Hartlepool were buying their way out of non-league with billionaire Hollywood owners!

For the record I don’t want SKP to get our Head coach job but the circumstances at Hartlepool and Wrexham are miles apart!

Last edited:
Funny one this - people always used to say "why not Bally", and I always thought that if he wanted to be a manager, why not take a lower league job, learn and prove yourself.

Which is exactly what Phillips is doing. So if he's successfull, then actually, why not.

Funny one this - people always used to say "why not Bally", and I always thought that if he wanted to be a manager, why not take a lower league job, learn and prove yourself.

Which is exactly what Phillips is doing. So if he's successfull, then actually, why not.
If he is, then yes. He hasn’t managed a league game yet however so it’s a long way off

Nothing I’ve ever heard him say makes me think he’d be a success mind.

He’d no doubt do a great job and then fuck off to Southampton having downed tools in his last season mind. Haha

I think that time has come and gone after multiple times been overlooked

Not really, he's not managed in the EFL. Legend of the club or not, he needs to prove his ability managerial wise before we'd consider him at this level. Saying that, not sure 25 games at QPR was enough for Beale to be considered.

SKP would bring a wealth of experience regarding what its like to be legend at this football club. However the reality is the current set up is all wrong. You can't make a donkey run like a racehorse no matter how many times you show it...

Back