SKP

Speaking of pools, surprises me their ex manager Dave Challinor isn't linked with moving up the leagues yet, took Stockport up to 2nd in league 2 as of now and always seemed to have his head screwed on

Dodds hasn't managed at the top level.
So it’s neither of them?

You asked “Who has more experience at the top levels of football as a player, coach and manager”

I reckon it’s Phillips for player and coach, Dodds for manager.

If you discount Dodds’ experience as the Head Coach as it wasn’t “at the top level” (do you mean premiership?) then Phillips’ coaching doesn’t count either as a lot was at championship level
Speaking of pools, surprises me their ex manager Dave Challinor isn't linked with moving up the leagues yet, took Stockport up to 2nd in league 2 as of now and always seemed to have his head screwed on
That name brings back dark memories

Last edited:
So it’s neither of them?

You asked “Who has more experience at the top levels of football as a player, coach and manager”

If you discount Dodds’ experience as the Head Coach as it wasn’t “at the top level” (do you mean premiership?) then Phillips’ coaching doesn’t count either as a lot was at championship level

Ah shit from playing days I'm guessing? Have no clue about that in all honesty, hadn't heard of the bloke til pools

Last edited:
So it’s neither of them?

Phillips as played and coached at the top level, Dodds hasn't.

Phillips as managed more games than Dodds.

Phillips is ahead of Dodds on every aspect.

Phillips as played and coached at the top level, Dodds hasn't.

Phillips as managed more games than Dodds.

Phillips is ahead of Dodds on every aspect.
When you said “top levels” I thought you meant top 2 or 3 tiers, in which case Dodds has more (albeit limited) experience, but if it’s any professional (semi pro?) management then Phillips has managed more games

Fair play been doing well but I cringe at the giving the big un to the crowd after a win.

Give over, Challinor used to do it as well and it go everyone going which is what is needed down at Pools, the place has been dire this season so any lift/something to cheer is welcome and recent home games have been good to watch.

SKP has given the place a lift, lots of work to do though
I imagine him being an old school type, no fancy buzz words or trying to overcomplicate matters.
That's how it seems at the moment.

He'll go higher but he's very comfortable at Stockport as it's near his home. He's a cracking manager.

Last edited:

Back