Sirs Andrew and Geoffrey

For all his faults, and they are many, he is more deserving of an honour than a lot of others who have been given them. Best to not give too much thought to the personal/political views etc of people we like/admire for their achievements. Otherwise you end up disliking virtually everyone!

For all his faults, and they are many, he is more deserving of an honour than a lot of others who have been given them. Best to not give too much thought to the personal/political views etc of people we like/admire for their achievements. Otherwise you end up disliking virtually everyone!
I don’t think it’s about that to be honest. It’s more that he was found guilty of smacking his lass

Mate he smacked his lass

Couldn’t care less about his views

Just don’t hit women

What have you read that makes you think this?

A quick google suggests she had bad facial injuries, which the judge said couldn’t be attributed to a fall.

Interested what you have seen differently
I am not saying this didn’t happen at all. But I do wonder whether the court had the full facts. Boycott is a fit athletic man with strong arms and if he punched her about the face twenty times then my instinct says her injuries would have been worse and perhaps she’d have lost consciousness..
I would certainly have thought someone would hear screaming through the open window she was chucking his clothes out of. Then she stays with him after the assault sleeps with him and reports it days later making an effective investigation difficult for the police.
To me there’s something wrong with that account.
She was also told by a judge in a different case in the UK her testimony had been less than truthful.
This is why I have doubts all the facts were heard as would be required in the UK. But he was found guilty. He has always vehemently protested his innocence.

Well done Sir Geoff
Surprised that you’d support a boring, racist wife beater mind.
The Telegraph story is absolute bollocks. Look at the pictures of her face. He battered her. Tracking 😂

Last edited:

The Telegraph story is absolute bollocks. Look at the pictures of her face. He battered her. Tracking 😂
That can definitely happen and if those injuries were caused other than by that they would have been visible on first examination.
Just doesn't seem in boycotts nature to be physically violent, he's vain, awkward and resistant but more introvert and cognitive than that. Type of bloke that would walk away from a nutty lass shaking his head as the arousal just wouldn't compute. It just "wouldn't make sense" to hit her and Geof is a percentages man to the core.
Just an impression.

Th
That can definitely happen and if those injuries were caused other than by that they would have been visible on first examination.
Just doesn't seem in boycotts nature to be physically violent, he's vain, awkward and resistant but more introvert and cognitive than that. Type of bloke that would walk away from a nutty lass shaking his head as the arousal just wouldn't compute. It just "wouldn't make sense" to hit her and Geof is a percentages man to the core.
Just an impression.
plenty of wife (and husband) beaters who don’t seem the type. Sends the wrong message imo giving honours out to convicted criminals.

If it was bollocks it would be libellous -so why didn't Ms Moore sue?

She doesn't have to prove anything

He lost 2 trials on it fair and square

you can't be being serious?

Nah mate, she just walked into a door 10 times and then slipped down the stairs.

Boycott didnt do it, he scored a few 100s form England
Wish we had him now. A very taut character but as good as any bat England have had in the last 50 years.
It's a knighthood for services to cricket and well deserved. Take it to Mums net if you don't like it.

Wow :eek:

Thats a pretty sick post like mate, the bit in bold.

You trying to imply that domestic violence isnt a serious issue?

Last edited:
She doesn't have to prove anything

He lost 2 trials on it fair and square

you can't be being serious?

Nah mate, she just walked into a door 10 times and then slipped down the stairs.

Boycott didnt do it, he scored a few 100s form England

Wow :eek:

Thats a pretty sick post like mate, the bit in bold.

You trying to imply that domestic violence isnt a serious issue?
Course its a serious issue, do you think boycotts cricketing prowess not being recognised is going to make an 'aporth of difference to any incidence od DV ? Kind of like "oh oh, better not clip our lass or that's me knighthood gone west"... Not likely is it.
Th

plenty of wife (and husband) beaters who don’t seem the type. Sends the wrong message imo giving honours out to convicted criminals.
True.. But plenty worse than Geoff get them and personally I don't feel he actually did it

Last edited:
Course its a serious issue, do you think boycotts cricketing prowess not being recognised is going to make an 'aporth of difference to any incidence od DV ? Kind of like "oh oh, better not clip our lass or that's me knighthood gone west"... Not likely is it.

True.. But plenty worse than Geoff get them and personally I don't feel he actually did it

Eh?

You don’t give knighthoods to men who beat their Lass up

Pretty basic stuff marra
all the more reason for her to sue the Torygraph for deformation of character.

She won 2 trials

He’s guilty, deal with it.

Maybe she doesn’t want to bring back up memories of an abusuve relationship?

Let it go

Last edited:
88w
Eh?

Pretty basic stuff marra

She won 2 trials

Let it go
Well they have done... Don't get more basic than that.

Eh?

Pretty basic stuff marra

She won 2 trials

Let it go
If what the paper says is true she won't have any abusive memories. Not did she come over as a shrinking violet who shies from publicity -after all she took him to court twice.
I don't have to deal with.
Outstanding batsman as he was, he was also a very selfish one and so I don't think he's deserving of a knighthood. I'm no Boycott fan.

If what the paper says is true she won't have any abusive memories. Not did she come over as a shrinking violet who shies from publicity -after all she took him to court twice.
I don't have to deal with.
Outstanding batsman as he was, he was also a very selfish one and so I don't think he's deserving of a knighthood. I'm no Boycott fan.
Some nice victim blaming there

Back