Sir Chef

Christ look at Piers Morgan's posts, the man is utter scum

Doesn't fail to realise he is probably the most popular cricketer in England

Never seen a bloke more out of touch
When you have an ego like Morgan's it must be very difficult to remain in touch.
I'd be very annoyed if I had to agree with any view Morgan expressed.

Is there any reason why Geoffrey Boycott hasn't been knighted?

He was arguably a better opener than Cook was, had a higher average (47.72 vs 45.35) in an era with arguably better bowlers. Less runs, but there were less tests in his era.

Expect Jimmy to get one, Joe Root if/when he passes Cook's record. Broad is more debatable.

He was arguably a better opener than Cook was, had a higher average (47.72 vs 45.35) in an era with arguably better bowlers. Less runs, but there were less tests in his era.

Expect Jimmy to get one, Joe Root if/when he passes Cook's record. Broad is more debatable.
Face doesn’t fit ;)

Same reason the likes of Daley Thompson never got one either.

As I kinda implied …. people didn't get knighthoods for cricketing reasons. Botham didn't. Times change. Footballers get them but cricketers don't ….. unless they've done more than simply play the game and tbh I kinda agree with that. You shouldn't get a knighthood for simply doing your job.

Got to be joking. I don't like him but plenty people do and he's been a commentator for God knows how long which shows there are plenty who want to hear his opinions.

Botham had his enemies in the cricketing hierarchy and yet got tapped on the shoulders with a sword but not because of cricket.

Got to be joking. I don't like him but plenty people do and he's been a commentator for God knows how long which shows there are plenty who want to hear his opinions.

Botham had his enemies in the cricketing hierarchy and yet got tapped on the shoulders with a sword but not because of cricket.
Boycott is a knowledgeable cricketer and so many will appreciate his commentary. That's a long way from knowing and appreciating him sufficiently to nominate him for a gong.Most see him as a good but selfish cricketer.

Because he is an utter twat, and not particlarly popular, sorry that does have an impact

he also battered his lass

No he didn't. Lots of people saying he did but he didn't.

Eh? He got found guilty of assaulting a women like :lol:

What you on about? Its not a matter for opinion like its a fact

Don't defend men who hit women mate and certainly don't knight them

Eh? He got found guilty of assaulting a women like :lol:

What you on about? Its not a matter for opinion like its a fact

Don't defend men who hit women mate and certainly don't knight them
This!
Plus he belongs to that breed of Yorkshire men who call themselves 'plain speaking ' but the rest of civilised society call downright rude.

Back