Sir Chef

thoroughly deserved. Great opening bat and seemingly good bloke.

Id question Lord Tyrie's 'unquestionably the best batsman England have produced in recent years' statement but that's for another day...

Well deserved.

The last Englishman to be knighted for services to cricket was Gubby Allen in 1986 so it's been a long time. Both was knighted for his charity work.

A lot easier to become a 'Sir' in football - Kenny Dalgleish, Trevor Brooking, Bobby Robson, Alex Fergusson, Geoff Hurst, Tom Finney - all later than Gubby Allen's.

No way Jimmy is getting one. Face doesn’t fit
Both are great players but the advantage Cook has is that he was England Captain, that will count for a lot at the ECB/MCC etc.

AFAIK anyone can recommend anyone for any honour but no doubt if an 'official' organisation makes the recommendation it counts for a lot more.

Well deserved.

The last Englishman to be knighted for services to cricket was Gubby Allen in 1986 so it's been a long time. Both was knighted for his charity work.

A lot easier to become a 'Sir' in football - Kenny Dalgleish, Trevor Brooking, Bobby Robson, Alex Fergusson, Geoff Hurst, Tom Finney - all later than Gubby Allen's.

I'm sure Sir Ian Botham has something to say....

Christ look at Piers Morgan's posts, the man is utter scum

Doesn't fail to realise he is probably the most popular cricketer in England

Never seen a bloke more out of touch

Christ look at Piers Morgan's posts, the man is utter scum

Doesn't fail to realise he is probably the most popular cricketer in England

Never seen a bloke more out of touch
Is he? I haven't thought much about it but I wouldn't think so ….. I'd rank Modern, Stokes, Root above him in the popularity stakes.

Is he? I haven't thought much about it but I wouldn't think so ….. I'd rank Modern, Stokes, Root above him in the popularity stakes.

Haway man, absolutely no chance

There is no cricketer in the last decade who would have got that reception at the oval, I've never seen anything like it.

Back