Simon Grayson and promotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

This season will have just been about clearing some of the debt, and building a team that won't be in danger of going down but that can compete. (Doing so on a budget).
This will hopefully give us the best chance -barring a take over- of putting together a promotion winning side next season
I think this is the most likely scenario.

I think he's been brought in to ensure we don't get relegated more than getting promoted he's here to steady the ship until the club is stable again

He's had every team he's managed promoted :neutral:

From the Championship? :confused:

I think he's been brought in to ensure we don't get relegated more than getting promoted he's here to steady the ship until the club is stable again

More than likely.

Because people's achievements are not a flat line

He's had similar constraints at other clubs, in the same league as we are now and never finished above 11th.

I'm not very hopeful.

Are they? You could also argue this is the biggest club he has managed so is it unrealistic to think he might better his best finish so far? I think he will, we will finish in the top ten.

Bigger club than Leeds United. You could argue that shite all you like but at the end of the day its complete bollox like.

Getting Preston to 11th is a big achievement when you look at what he had, getting Sunderland to the playoffs should be his minimum target with a club like us. Unfortunately for him Short is running us like a conference club.

I'll be amazed if we're anywhere near challenging for promotion. I'm expecting 3 or 4 of our better ( on paper! ) players still to leave and not to be replaced with the same quality. Our defence is a major worry,in my view it needs an overhaul but I'm not sure it will get the priority it needs. A half full SOL is never a great inspiration,so I'm expecting an unfulfilling season with a mid table achievement at best. However,if we get rid of a few egos and the new lads coming in help to make the dressing room a happier place, which is then reflected in effort and enthusiasm on the pitch,it will at least have stopped the rot for the time being whilst we wait for Short's next move.

GERRIN.... I stand corrected... we are still going to finish outside the playoffs.... :cool:

:rolleyes:
Fantastic logic
By that reckoning Leeds should still be in the First division getting beat in the playoffs every year
I know that would be nice but its not exactly how things work.

Sure you can do better than that. half arsed argument to fit a glass half full agenda

If the club was going to make a serious promotion push, Moyes would have stayed.

It is all about consolidation and trying to, somehow, balance the books

I think it's a completely different outlook with Grayson, as he knows what sort of players he has, and everyone knows the Championship is getting harder and harder to get out of.

I think we'll do okay, possible play off push, surprise a few and get shot of most if not all of the so-called bad eggs and prima donnas at the club.

Best to be positive as i'll only get depressed

If the club was going to make a serious promotion push, Moyes would have stayed.

It is all about consolidation and trying to, somehow, balance the books
Moyes is finished.

Not many are expecting promotion this season. If we can rebuild and make a strong push next season I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back