Signing due today - O'Brien Confirmed

So you had an agenda if you said at the time that Werner is a great signing for Chelsea?

:lol:

Mate I admire you dedication to derailing the thread but this has got fuck all to do with Werner.

You stated with absolute certainty AOB was a fantastic signing that many championship teams would covet and he'd be a great success. And in the process had a go at the majority of the fanbase.

You were spectacularly wrong about AOB and the SAFC fanbase, and I said fuck all about Werner.

Go back last summer and you'd find Chelsea fans and all the experts of world football saying the exact same thing about Timo Werner. Sometimes signings don't work out and it's not always foreseeable. Alternatively, you don't write them off entirely after one underwhelming season either.

He had a big reputation at Millwall but seemingly on here you're only allowed to deduce negative opinions from the track records of signings.
He didn’t have a big reputation at all. He dropped to league 1 and was absolutely atrocious man.

Sons mate works for the club and he reckons someone signing today but doesn't know who, he also said we need signings in case of wage cap coming in next week which looks nailed on as it will be harder to attract players from higher leagues. plenty of players linked but who will sign if they need to take a wage cut.
Likely to be Chichester or Dorchester to play alongside Winchester or so I’ve heard.

We do this a lot, we add (without any thought) lads to the side who are not influencers, then because we are totally devoid of any plan they look utter shit.

IF we signed lads to fit a system and enhance the side (who were already playing to a system) it would probably work out, we just collect players, hoy them in (frequently into alien positions) and then look back in absolute amazement when they fail to astonish us.

our recruitment and scouting is shit, or identification of an SAFC style of play is shit, our ability to identify where we want to go and set up shop accrodingly is shit, we are brilliant at hiring head honchos to faff about, but totally inept at delivery. Change it "management team / KLD / et al"

Go back last summer and you'd find Chelsea fans and all the experts of world football saying the exact same thing about Timo Werner. Sometimes signings don't work out and it's not always foreseeable. Alternatively, you don't write them off entirely after one underwhelming season either.

He had a big reputation at Millwall but seemingly on here you're only allowed to deduce negative opinions from the track records of signings.
I tend to see the best in every signing as I did with this one - I always hope they do well. Do you agree he's been an utter flop? Regardless of what he did in the past he contributes so little - he seems to lack either heart or self belief. I cannot see how he will suddenly become an asset and it would be best for all if he could be moved on. I think when you come on here and talk someone up as you did then you are always liable to have a bump. Just like the lad who said signing Defoe would be a disaster. On this one I don't think you'll find anyone who will say that O'Brien hasn't been a big disappointment. If we had spent our pre-salary cap money on Scott Fraser Parky may still be here.

He's a major coup for us at this level and there are one or two Championship clubs scratching their heads on how they missed him.

People need to look past his goalscorer record as it doesn't reflect his ability as a player, because he's been played out of position. Millwall fans adore him and he's only surplus to requirements because they've done so well under Rowett, narrowly missing out on the playoffs. He knows what it takes to get out of this league and has bags of experience.

The fans are going to love him. He's going to be a real cult hero here, and he'll be awesome at this level.
:lol: :lol:

Back